IGNORED

Another 7800 Game to update like Donkey Kong XM?

swlovinist

Shellcreepers done.

Sidesteppers done.

Fighterflies done.

Slipice done.

This is just my interpretation of the arcade sprites. I'm open to using better sprites from other ppl. Marco, I like your turtle. If you make a complete set, I'll probably use it instead of mine... or I could do an alternate version if you prefer. The crabs (and any other sprites) are open for improvement. I'm just done with "my" interpretations. I haven't checked out the XE fireball yet. I haven't looked at the arcade fireball yet either.

attachicon.gifMario Hack.png

attachicon.gifMario_h1.a78

Kevin, excellent work as usual! :)

Thanks for be open to evaluate other sprites, this is much appreciated.

I will try to make the complete set of turtles and some crabs.

Thank you!

Here's something I've been working on. I've still got a long way to go, but here's what's done so far:

• Updated the title screen with more vibrant colors
  • Redrew the monster icons on the character selection screen
  • Added detail to the buildings
  • Tweaked various colors within the game
  • Edited font to be more like arcade version
  • Added a single frame of George by PAC-MAN-RED

To Do:

Redraw all character animations (more than I have time for, so I'll need help with this)

I want to have the characters finished before I upload the ROM.

post-9364-0-31736100-1397994645_thumb.png post-9364-0-11127700-1397994646_thumb.png post-9364-0-47931700-1397996849_thumb.png

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 7

Here's something I've been working on. I've still got a long way to go, but here's what's done so far:

To Do:

Redraw all character animations (more than I have time for, so I'll need help with this)

attachicon.gifRampage Title Hack.png attachicon.gifRampage-Char-Sel.png attachicon.gifRampage-In-Game.png

Wow Kevin! :love:

And I really hope PAC-MAN-RED wants to share his awesome work:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/221322-rampage-licensed-by-me-to-a-coder/?p=2921365

:)

Just finished inserting my new title screen. It's been cleaned up quite a bit and I've added the two small copters in the background and the paratrooper. It's much closer to the arcade title screen now. It could still be cleaned up a bit more, but I'm pretty satisfied now. :)

First the original 7800 title screen, followed by the new title screen:

post-9364-0-82669300-1398061166_thumb.png post-9364-0-61401200-1398061167_thumb.png

• Like 10

Aw Man this just goes to show what can be done with a little time and attention to detail.

I want to take this time and THANK ALL of those who are taking the time to better the 7800 library by either creating software or enhancing current software...I am sooooo loving all the love the 7800 is getting.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still plugging away at this. Redid the title screen again yesterday and added more building designs. I've got a long way to go on George's sprites and haven't even touched Lizzie or Ralph yet. The character sprites are the most challenging.

Here's what's done so far:

• New title screen (again),
  • New building designs (again),
  • New ground in train and water stages,
  • New broken windows,
  • New dust cloud,
  • New building crumble,
  • Some new enemy sprites,
  • Item edits,
  • George walking animation

post-9364-0-04905700-1399241099_thumb.png post-9364-0-94980600-1399239645_thumb.png post-9364-0-65143900-1399239647_thumb.png

If anyone would like to help with the character sprites, I've put together a sheet to help see how they align (or don't align). As you can see, some of them align a little odd which was causing a lot of difficulty in aligning new sprites, before I put this together. Also, the punching arm/fist actually overlaps the main body sprites. The same thing goes for Lizzie's tail... it overlaps the main body sprite. Other than Lizzie's tail, the other characters are exactly the same as George. The lighter background is the boundary for each sprite. I left a 1 pixel space between them for visual cues. Each sprite is numbered to show when it is used in multiple cases. There are a few superfluous combinations I didn't include.

The ideal way would be if someone with the skill were to edit the alignment tables for the sprites. This is beyond my ability, so unless someone volunteers, we'll just have to work within the current alignment/layout of the existing character sprites. Even so, we can still make them look much better, IMO.

post-9364-0-04235400-1399240092_thumb.png

(I still don't want to upload the ROM until I have more done on the character sprites... but hopefully, soon)

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 7

To Do:

attachicon.gifRampage Title Hack.png attachicon.gifRampage-Char-Sel.png attachicon.gifRampage-In-Game.png

I'm drooling right now! I have always been dying to see the half-arsed graphics on this redone.

• Like 2