IGNORED

ColecoVision Strip Poker

newcoleco

I agree

Actually I understand both side...

Homebrewers sometimes get "overflood" with their personal life ... And more than offen, it always happen when you suspect everything goes fine

Add to top of that, the perparation of the stuff, the production, assembling etc.. Etc... Etc... Etc... Etc... Etc... Etc. ...and uh, shipping!

Then you have the usual guy who just bough the stuff and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait...........

It can really pissed someone very quickly

I'm the kind of guy who don't really care about how long it takes, as long as I don't get scammed.... But hey, that's just me

As both newcoleco and Opcode are reputable members here, I would not worry too much .....but rather just wondering what happen

Actually I understand both side...

Homebrewers sometimes get "overflood" with their personal life ... And more than offen, it always happen when you suspect everything goes fine

Add to top of that, the perparation of the stuff, the production, assembling etc.. Etc... Etc... Etc... Etc... Etc... Etc. ...and uh, shipping!

Then you have the usual guy who just bough the stuff and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait...........

It can really pissed someone very quickly

I'm the kind of guy who don't really care about how long it takes, as long as I don't get scammed.... But hey, that's just me

As both newcoleco and Opcode are reputable members here, I would not worry too much .....but rather just wondering what happen

I agree also with your 2 points of view. Actually, I really can wait a long time too. It's not a problem. Here, the problem is we have no answer, no news... Anyway, you're right, the only way is to wait. So, I will wait again and for sure, we'll all have a nice surprise when our item will arrive at home :)

I agree also with your 2 points of view. Actually, I really can wait a long time too. It's not a problem. Here, the problem is we have no answer, no news... Anyway, you're right, the only way is to wait. So, I will wait again and for sure, we'll all have a nice surprise when our item will arrive at home :)

Yep, just giving a quick reply to give the status is nice and appreciated

Personally, I think all 8 bit strip poker games are a bit of a letdown.
The graphics are ok but a Playboy is cheaper if that's what you are getting it for.
If it's too good at poker you end up hating it because you rarely see her strip and if it's too easy it's no fun to play.
Hence the letdown.
I'm sure I would have played it until I beat every girl when I was a teenager though.

As to the current comments...
I think up to the point where someone starts collecting money they can come and go as they please on the project and status updates.
But once they collect money, the purchaser at least deserves an explanation for what is going on.
I realize people get busy with real life but I think they should think of that before they start taking money.
Just my useless 2 cents.

Well it is past the date where it can be disputed on Paypal. Don't post pictures of a game and take money when it is not ready to ship. Quit doing this crap to the game community. If you run into a problem then at least post an update explaining why.

Here's your update:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/215882-a-tribute-to-newcoleco-the-godfather-of-colecovision-homebrew/?p=2831211

Please read post #33 entirely.

Thank you.

I understand peoples frustration and do agree that people should do updates.

However on a realistic note with this hobby it happens all the time yet people still complain about it.

If you are one that is going to get super frustrated and complain and are the type that would get mad and cancel your payment then I suggest you stop purchasing items from people's hobbies and only purchase items from full on fortune whatever companies with a certain number of employees. Things are never going to change. People can aim to do better but there is always going to be reasons why something like this happens and they don't have others to pick up their slack like a real company would.

Everyone else on here that is quiet realizes this and know that some day they will get their item or get their money back even if some day is many months or a long way off.

• Like 1

Newcoleco was on yesterday. I think a simple update on the situation should be good. I've been waiting for Flora for a very long time, I really just want to play the game. I can finally have a game made by Daniel on a cartridge. I'm not really sure how much work it takes to build a cartridge, manual and the boxes. I do hope to try that sometime in the future to see how it is like. The games been finished last summer and it is almost now winter. I hope they can find the time to get that taken care of.

Newcoleco was on yesterday. I think a simple update on the situation should be good. I've been waiting for Flora for a very long time, I really just want to play the game. I can finally have a game made by Daniel on a cartridge. I'm not really sure how much work it takes to build a cartridge, manual and the boxes. I do hope to try that sometime in the future to see how it is like. The games been finished last summer and it is almost now winter. I hope they can find the time to get that taken care of.

Dale Wick (a.k.a. hardhat on AtariAge) is taking care of sales of Flora. Or at least he's supposed to. Now that the software is finished, Daniel doesn't get involved in the game's actual distribution.

Dale Wick (a.k.a. hardhat on AtariAge) is taking care of sales of Flora. Or at least he's supposed to. Now that the software is finished, Daniel doesn't get involved in the game's actual distribution.

hardhat never took orders yet though or made us pay yet so he might be talking about the raffle where 10 or so people won a Flora cartridge.

I did get mine so maybe it is lost in the mail, daniel never updated to say they were all sent out or not so don't know if he just did a few before he got busy.

I'm currently considering to do a special version for the blue carts. Harvey DeKleine is dealing with the normal version to be burned on pcbs and shipped to me for the final packaging in black carts. Shipping to you guys should follow right after.

I apologize to everyone... I've no excuse. It's just that... each time I wanted to keep going in any of my projects I just couldn't, my mind was struggling with recent events in late september and october. It's more than a month now that my mother died and I couldn't predict how much this will affect me. I still want to cry today just writing this. And you're all right, I should give news more often... I've no excuse, really sorry.

Edited by newcoleco

hardhat never took orders yet though or made us pay yet so he might be talking about the raffle where 10 or so people won a Flora cartridge.

I did get mine so maybe it is lost in the mail, daniel never updated to say they were all sent out or not so don't know if he just did a few before he got busy.

The final version of Flora was completed in July, and Dale has the responsability to publish it. The last information I do have about "why it's not published yet" has to do finding free time to work on this ( make carts, design instuctions manual for final version). Finding free time seems to be a huge problem for Dale lately and I don't want to put pressure on him to release it as soon as possible. If he tells me that he can't do it, then I don't know who has time to do it.

Side note : All the pre-release version of Flora for Canada are in the hands of Dale Wick. Dr.Drushel had all the pre-release version of Flora for US and they were all shipped at the end of July.

The final version of Flora was completed in July, and Dale has the responsability to publish it. The last information I do have about "why it's not published yet" has to do finding free time to work on this ( make carts, design instuctions manual for final version). Finding free time seems to be a huge problem for Dale lately and I don't want to put pressure on him to release it as soon as possible. If he tells me that he can't do it, then I don't know who has time to do it.

Side note : All the pre-release version of Flora for Canada are in the hands of Dale Wick. Dr.Drushel had all the pre-release version of Flora for US and they were all shipped at the end of July.

Hi Dan,

Please look at your Emails, i sent you something. I can help if you want.

And again please accept my deepest sympathy.

I'm currently considering to do a special version for the blue carts. Harvey DeKleine is dealing with the normal version to be burned on pcbs and shipped to me for the final packaging in black carts. Shipping to you guys should follow right after.

I apologize to everyone... I've no excuse. It's just that... each time I wanted to keep going in any of my projects I just couldn't, my mind was struggling with recent events in late september and october. It's more than a month now that my mother died and I couldn't predict how much this will affect me. I still want to cry today just writing this. And you're all right, I should give news more often... I've no excuse, really sorry.

Daniel-

Very sorry for your loss, no need to apologize.

Edited by TMOSteel

I'm really sorry to hear this Daniel, as someone who has gone through this myself (losing my father at 52) I know how unbelievably hard this time is for you. If you need someone to talk to, you know I'm here for you. Feel free to send a email or give me a call. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.