IGNORED

ColecoVision Strip Poker

newcoleco

Glad to report I heard back from Daniel and he's alive and well and planning on getting those carts to us as soon as he is able. I've offered to help him out with assembly and shipping to any US buyers if he can get the carts to me at some point.

I'm sure he'll post an update here eventually so in the meantime we can all just hang tight.

Thanks a bunch for the update, TMOSteel. :)

By the way, I was informed yesterday that Daniel will be attending AdamCon in Cleveland this summer. Perhaps something can be organized regarding Strip Poker...

Thanks a bunch for the update, TMOSteel. :)

By the way, I was informed yesterday that Daniel will be attending AdamCon in Cleveland this summer. Perhaps something can be organized regarding Strip Poker...

I think that's what Daniel's plan is for the carts, so if anyone that's going can help out I am sure he would appreciate it. I won't be there, but I did offer to put them together and get them to people in the US if someone from the event can get them to me in NY.

no, windows7 64bit

you might need to update java to the latest.

Already done. It just doesn't want to work, for some reason. The version of SpanielChat that's installed on adamcon.org is pretty old, I'm not sure it's even actively supported anymore, so I'm not exactly surprised that it has problems running on more advanced versions of Java. Oh well...

EDIT: And yes, I turned off everything under Norton Internet Security, it makes no difference.

I've had problems logging onto the Chat as well after years of problem free connection... using the same computer and without any significant software changes. It would be nice if the ADAMcon folks would consider using the AtariAge Chat especially seeing as this would give them a lot more visibility.

• Like 1

I've had problems logging onto the Chat as well after years of problem free connection... using the same computer and without any significant software changes. It would be nice if the ADAMcon folks would consider using the AtariAge Chat especially seeing as this would give them a lot more visibility.

The "AdamCon core people" are not the kind of guys and gals who will adhere to a gaming-centric web site like AtariAge. It's more likely they will want Dale Wick to install a newer chat program on adamcon.org, but even that may not work...

The "AdamCon core people" are not the kind of guys and gals who will adhere to a gaming-centric web site like AtariAge. It's more likely they will want Dale Wick to install a newer chat program on adamcon.org, but even that may not work...

I know very well that the "core" group are very, very close friends and have been for some 25 years, but it shouldn't matter where they meet to chat, just that they continue to do so. As we all know, AtariAge isn't just about playing games and the visibility provided here on AtariAge can only prove to be beneficial to EVERYONE, especially seeing how some are having difficulty logging into the current Chat program and therefore being excluded.

Sometimes change is good, but unfortunately, I doubt something like this change would ever happen.

I know very well that the "core" group are very, very close friends and have been for some 25 years, but it shouldn't matter where they meet to chat, just that they continue to do so. As we all know, AtariAge isn't just about playing games and the visibility provided here on AtariAge can only prove to be beneficial to EVERYONE, especially seeing how some are having difficulty logging into the current Chat program and therefore being excluded.

Sometimes change is good, but unfortunately, I doubt something like this change would ever happen.

I like the idea of all in one websites like atariage (for games) or like discogs (for music). It's kind of a pain to have to subscribe to many different websites to cover a small percentage of your hobby. If they moved their chat to atariage they might find that people like me that are a little into the Adam computer might pop in from time to time when I have a question or would like to discuss a program. I see this with the vectrex as well. Some stuff is on atariage, some stuff is on the vector gaming forums, and some stuff is randomly scattered throughout the interwebs. I think one of the reasons I've gotten as much into colecovision collecting as I have is do to being able to find out everything I need right here. (From market to information and homebrews)

• Like 1

I for one had no idea until just a few days ago that so many were having trouble logging in the ADAM Wed night chat sessions. Some have upgraded all the time to the latest Java, while others such as myself have lagged behind. I am currently using Windows 7 with Java 7 update 51. I know I am behind the times, but it works when set to minimum security. I will have to check with some of the others on chat and see what they are using, whether newest version of Java and also what version of Windows everyone is using. Pixel boy first brought this to my attention and it needs to be addressed somehow. Next Wed's chat, it will have to be a topic of discussion.

Aren't you going to AdamCon in Cleveland this year? You could discuss this with them face-to-face. :)

Aren't you going to AdamCon in Cleveland this year? You could discuss this with them face-to-face. :)

I am hoping to attend for at least two days, but my daughter's birthday is on the 18th (fourth year in a row of this scheduling conflict for me) and it's very tough to explain to her that Daddy is going away. Then there is the even bigger issue of explaining it all to my wife. and getting that "you don't care" speech!

At worst, I'll go for a day, but the four hour drive both ways will be rough as I did that for the ADAMcon in Grand Rapids a couple years ago.

I am hoping to attend for at least two days, but my daughter's birthday is on the 18th (fourth year in a row of this scheduling conflict for me) and it's very tough to explain to her that Daddy is going away. Then there is the even bigger issue of explaining it all to my wife. and getting that "you don't care" speech!

At worst, I'll go for a day, but the four hour drive both ways will be rough as I did that for the ADAMcon in Grand Rapids a couple years ago.

We un's are gonna miss Luc, but maybe next year. As far as the date, we decided a few years ago after using that weekend in July worked best for all involved. That, and the fact we have had some years where everyone was going nuts trying to schedule vacations and the organizer(s) didn't announce dates; prompted the idea to have the convention on the same weekend every July so that people could plan far in advance. It seems to be working well that way, so get your daughter to move her birthday! ;)

On another note, now that my attention has been turned to the Wed night chat for CV/ADAM users, we need to find an up to date chat software which works with the newer computers as well as the android tablet market. Ideally, without having to become a "member" and have to log in, etc; just show up, pick a handle and start chatting with others. IF anyone knows of such an animal, holler REAL loud so's I can near you! I don't know about the chat rooms on AtariAge; i.e. - is everyone in one big room together and pick content to watch? It does involved joining and then loggin in, I know that much. Educate me please.

On another note, now that my attention has been turned to the Wed night chat for CV/ADAM users, we need to find an up to date chat software which works with the newer computers as well as the android tablet market. Ideally, without having to become a "member" and have to log in, etc; just show up, pick a handle and start chatting with others. IF anyone knows of such an animal, holler REAL loud so's I can near you! I don't know about the chat rooms on AtariAge; i.e. - is everyone in one big room together and pick content to watch? It does involved joining and then loggin in, I know that much. Educate me please.

Well, technically, you do have to "log into" SpanielChat to pick a username, so there's not a whole lot of difference between that and the AtariAge chat, aside from entering a password. :)

The AtariAge chat is indeed one big virtual room where everybody is visible to everyone else. I asked Albert if it was possible to define a separate, private chat room and he told me he would look into it. When I will hear back from Albert is anyone's guess, however. Albert's the busy kind... ;)

Well, technically, you do have to "log into" SpanielChat to pick a username, so there's not a whole lot of difference between that and the AtariAge chat, aside from entering a password. :)

The AtariAge chat is indeed one big virtual room where everybody is visible to everyone else. I asked Albert if it was possible to define a separate, private chat room and he told me he would look into it. When I will hear back from Albert is anyone's guess, however. Albert's the busy kind... ;)

Invision's IP.Chat product does not support multiple chat rooms. However, there is a third-party chat I can purchase and integrate with the forum, and it has considerably more features, including multiple chat rooms. I may purchase this later today and play with it. :)

Invision's IP.Chat product does not support multiple chat rooms. However, there is a third-party chat I can purchase and integrate with the forum, and it has considerably more features, including multiple chat rooms. I may purchase this later today and play with it. :)

Interesting. :) Perhaps you can install both chat packages in parallel, and the AdamCon people could help test the newer one for you. ;)

Interesting. :) Perhaps you can install both chat packages in parallel, and the AdamCon people could help test the newer one for you. ;)

That's the important thing in this whole discussion, that there would be people (in this case the ADAMcon people) willing to switch over and justify the investment of both time and money by Albert.

• 4 weeks later...

I am still hoping these get shipped shortly after AdamCon (July 17-20) as I believe others were trying to coordinate getting the games from Daniel there. It would be great if someone could update us on that specifically.

Troy

Other than my email from him on 6/6 I have not heard back from him. I am hoping people going to the AdamCon can coordinate with him on the carts, but no one has posted anything to that effect. If there are carts that need final assembly and shipping (as long as no soldering is involved) I offered to do this for the US buyers, as long as someone can get me the parts needed.

If anyone here is going and can coordinate something with Daniel and could use my help as stated, please get in touch with me.

We'll get these carts one way or another, what with the size of the AA members alone I'm sure of it.

-Michael

Other than my email from him on 6/6 I have not heard back from him. I am hoping people going to the AdamCon can coordinate with him on the carts, but no one has posted anything to that effect. If there are carts that need final assembly and shipping (as long as no soldering is involved) I offered to do this for the US buyers, as long as someone can get me the parts needed.

If anyone here is going and can coordinate something with Daniel and could use my help as stated, please get in touch with me.

We'll get these carts one way or another, what with the size of the AA members alone I'm sure of it.

-Michael

I sent a PM to Bob S. (adamcon) this morning about Strip Poker. Hopefully he will read it within the next few days and get back to me.