IGNORED

Ghost Lion - NES

• 15 years later...

Ghost Lion is a unique rpg where fighting monsters is only for gold. You level up in this game by finding fragments of hope that increase your courage and dreams. Courage is life points and dreams are magic points. Throughout the game you must find spirits to help you on this journey. You have to summon them one at a time but most times you only need one of them. Weapons have to be used as an item in battle and the most frequently used item is in your first slot. You can get better weapons in the game by buying them. I don't remember if you get any in dungeons. There's only one story line to this game. No side quests, but I still call this game one of my all time favorites. If they ever made another Ghost Lion on a current system or pc, I would buy it.

• Like 2

Ghost Lion is a unique rpg where fighting monsters is only for gold. You level up in this game by finding fragments of hope that increase your courage and dreams. Courage is life points and dreams are magic points. Throughout the game you must find spirits to help you on this journey. You have to summon them one at a time but most times you only need one of them. Weapons have to be used as an item in battle and the most frequently used item is in your first slot. You can get better weapons in the game by buying them. I don't remember if you get any in dungeons. There's only one story line to this game. No side quests, but I still call this game one of my all time favorites. If they ever made another Ghost Lion on a current system or pc, I would buy it.

Hi, welcome to the forums. Just a word of advice- it's perfectly OK to start new threads about favorite games rather than reviving 15 year old ones.

Although it is a trip to see a time when one could get Ghost Lion for 3 bucks and no one bats an eye at it.

• Like 1

I bought it new for $15 back in the day. It was not a popular title.

And I found it frustrating at times (weapons seemed to have a very high miss rate, dragging battles out and increasing the damage you take, which was a problem given the lack of healing and high enemy encounter rate). Fortunately, there was a magic rope that could stop enemies from attacking for a few turns.

I still played it to the end, though, and I liked it well enough at the time. It's too bad the high frustration rate is what sticks with me the most all these years later.

Edit: Oh, crap, I didn't notice that this topic was from 2003! My bad.

Edited by Raiu