IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Weeks 17/18 ~ Unique Week 3

Vocelli

Thank You for this explanation...but I already know how about the A/B switches on the 2600...reason I posted what I did was because with this game there seems to be an issue with how the game is behaving in emulation.

I have played this game with Stella 3.9.2 , Mess .143, EMU7800 and found that when in the left switch is in the B position (which is labeled as expert for Spider Fighter) the enemies are moving slow and when in the A position the enemies behave faster like they would in an expert setting.

So with that in mind we will need something from the moderator as to policy concerning the game Spider Fighter. It could possibly be something that got jumbled up in the dump of the ROM.

Also this gives those using real hardware a disadvantage. I will make a video of this today and post it for all to see....but it will not be until much later today (it is presently Sunday 8:53 am in my time zone and I have plans for most of today)

As for me I am going to hold off on submitting a Spider Fighter score until Vocelli posts a decision.

The contest says "expert" setting. That correlates to fast moving enemies. Play on the difficulty setting that correlates to that. Don't make this hard.

Spider Fighter: 757,300

I think I ruined my thumb, and possibly my marriage, by playing this long. And it's not even good enough for first place!! :-D

I had to listen my wife and go lunch.

I think we should get a pause kit (or the onix junior) and ask Vocelli about a save your marriage pause clause.

• Like 1

CENTIPEDE STANDARD - 108,092

Video REMOVED on October 30th, 2014 just because this season of the 2600 NEW HSC has been already closed.

SPIDER FIGHTER - TO VOCELLI WATCH ENTIRELY!! I AM SUBMITTING AT MY OWN RISK!

Video REMOVED on October 30th, 2014 just because this season of the 2600 NEW HSC has been already closed.

Edited by oyamafamily

Centipede 143783 double my previous best

post-34560-0-39673200-1378074384_thumb.jpg

Spider Fighter 224990

post-34560-0-98261300-1378074398_thumb.jpg

Spiderdroid 15633 suddenly lost my concentration & died twice! i should be able to get a lot more

post-34560-0-69500900-1378074385_thumb.png

Thank you SO much Vocelli for not making us play Bugs!!!

Spiderdroid - running horizontally has helped me a lot

i also quit spider fighter, thinking there might be a cap. now I can play more spider fighter!

question I am playing with the difficulty switches on B

but I don't think that is the expert side! I'm using a 4-switch woodgrain Taiwan orange trim model

the instruction manuals I looked at say A means expert

so i hope i'm playing with the right setting

also... i don't know if Amidar scores count for Spiderdroid, but I could use real hardware if so... can I do that?

also... i don't know if Amidar scores count for Spiderdroid, but I could use real hardware if so... can I do that?

I don't believe so. I think the number of lives is different. Can someone confirm.

No cap on Spider Fighter. I understand the grind but that is part of the game. I usually like to pick "non-grinding" games but the challenge is the grind on this one.