IGNORED

Atari 2600 game you play the most (of all time)

oky2000

nice topic!

Back in the day when I was a kid we had mostly games from Quelle, because they were the cheaper ones to get, but we also had some "original" releases too like Pole Position, H.E.R.O. and Beamrider, which I really enjoyed. Also I really love Bobby's going Home which is also a nice game.

Later when I started to collect the VCS games I discovered Frostbite, Enduro and Berzerk for myself. Also some games which I play very often. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is a million $ question and requires a little thought,in my case it may not be exactly my favourite game but it might be a game i had to play because i could not afford to buy games very often.

Space Invaders,Warlords or Combat are possible candidates but my Fav game Raiders Of The Lost Ark could be another,i was good at the game back then and it can be a time consuming game.

• 1 year later...

Adventure is a lot of fun. It's really easy, but the challenging version is to get every item and creature in the gold castle and watch some outrageous flicker!

My go-tos are Mini Golf, Stellar Track, Starmaster, Bowling, Skydiver (my daughter's absolute fave), Basketball. Space Shuttle is amazing but hard. Snoopy is fun but too easy.

I wish I owned Robot Tank. That one's too easy, too, but I liked it.

With me it's a tie between Kaboom! and Super Breakout. Rarely do I switch on the 2600 without ending up playing these two games, and once I start playing them I am there for an hour at least.

Back in the day it was Asteroids - no competition - played that with my brother for a couple of years (game 39) - would have been almost every day.

Edited by davyK

It's difficult to name just one game. So I won't.

-Adventure: Already mentioned a ton, so there's not much need for an explanation.

-Mario Bros.: My mom stayed up until 1:00 AM playing this with me when I was a kid. She couldn't stop laughing the whole time.

-Star Raiders: Loved the feeling of piloting a space craft in the first person view. I always played this one in the dark.

-Superman: It's a little sad that this is still the best Superman game I've ever played.

• Like 2

H.E.R.O. I have it for CV and Atari 2600. The CV version may have more detailed graphics, but the colors for 2600 H.E.R.O. are much brighter and crisp. The same could be said for 2600 Dragonfire.

Edited by Rik

My one most played Atari 2600 game (lately) is Ms. Pacman. It always seems to find it's way back into my console after playing some other games. It's also the one I hit "reset" on the most to play another round or two (or three, or four). Second, would be Berserk, and my third pick would be Asteroids. All of them are my top picks for daily plays. There are so many I enjoy, but these are my top choices.

• 2 weeks later...