IGNORED

ColecoVision Mockups War!

retroillucid

I actually have game design of my Megaman and it's in that purple folder along with Aerofighter. I found a bag of artwork I did during high school, really of awesome stuff. I thought it had my purple folder in it, but it's missing. It has a box that is painted with Aerofighter graphics on it. Sigh. Seeing all those artwork really bring me back during that time period that things were a-ok, this was pre-911.

In that design document, I made 6 robot master stages with their unique enemies and a big castle stage to fight my brother MegaMatt. Hurray for brother rivalry. I can only recall some of the robot master I did. I has Floodman, Balloonman, Waterman, Glueman, and other 2 I can't recall. Waterman had his unique quirk that he's allergic to water and will use an umbrella to fend off Floodman attack and use a intertube to swim on water. Glueman shot to his water cannon will cause him to fill the glue like a balloon and it'll explode and splash water on him. Anyway here's some animated gif Megaman mock-ups build with Macromedia Flash 5 with the robot master's pattern.

Snowman

post-24767-0-84591800-1377917462.gif

Floodman

post-24767-0-04286800-1377917508.gif

I made a microgame for Wario Ware DIY for DS, which is a Megaman spoof called RealMan vs Spikeman. You have to poke at Spikeman before he is able to strike real man. The game randomly put a enemy one screen and a spike that falls from the ceiling or both if you're unlucky. You have to poke those away before it kills Real Man. It has the Megaman 2 style 12 sprites explosion when you defeat Spikeman. And real man has his 8 way blood scatter when he get killed.

Yes, I am a megafreak about Megaman. Capcom need to show more respect for this blue bomber.

Wow, what a mega derailing this thread I have done! I'm so mega sorry for that.

• Like 2

Luc, will you allow me to use part of your Castlevania graphics to re-create the first Castlevania on NES?

Sorry, but seriously, Eduardo has dibs on Castlevania on ColecoVision.

Seeing Pixelboy's mock-up. I give up LOL. They are SUPER awesome!!! I love the Castlevania's Vampire Killer's colorful background. It's very detail and you can tell which is background and foreground while the sprites are darker and easily can be viewed. It really fit this game quite well.

Yeah, I'm just sorry Eduardo doesn't feel this way. He hates the color scheme I devised, using black as foreground color only. He would prefer something like "The Cure" on MSX. :(

Sorry, but seriously, Eduardo has dibs on Castlevania on ColecoVision.

Yeah, I'm just sorry Eduardo doesn't feel this way. He hates the color scheme I devised, using black as foreground color only. He would prefer something like "The Cure" on MSX. :(

Vampire Killer is only for MSX2 as I can see from the videos provided. Colecovision only has 1 shade of gray and hard to use it as a ramp down to another colors since most of the colors are very bright. This is why I felt that most SNES games tiles could translate well to the Colecovision due to the SNES bright colors. I think the colors blend very well in the background. I felt the NES Castlevania series was restricted due to NES strict 16x16 color resolution of 4 colors plus Konami's use of meta tiles group in 4x4 tiles. The colors in those games in my opinion fell short. The tiles are held back due to the lack colors while MSX2 colors are more compatible with these tiles. I felt Castlevania 3 tiles are a bit more messier and more random. It is really kinda an eye sore. Sorry that my opinion on the NES version of the Castlevania series' graphics.I felt like your color choice for the Colecovision mockup of Vampire Killer works well. The Cure did a great job with their version and has their own graphical style. I really should beat that game already, I'm only on the 3rd level. I think Vampire Killer or Castlevania should have it own version of their level, graphic and etc to stand out. That's just my thought.

I really don't see how Edwardo have the time to make Castlevania, and other games. He barely don't have time to handle the SGM as I can tell lately. Hopefully he'll have more time to work on his games, projects, and the magazine in the future. Also, send me my 2nd run of SGM, so I can play Super Zaxxon.

Don't be afraid to use the robot master weapon against the regular enemies. Shadow Blade can be fired in I think 4 or 5 directions, uses I think half bar of weapon energy and good against most enemies. Also, collect the E-tanks and 1ups too. That's my tip. :) Good luck!!! The only Megaman I haven't beat is Megaman 8 and Megaman Bass. I beat all the Gameboy series and NES series without Game Genie. Back in the days, Game Genie was use a lot to beat these difficult game.

• Like 1

Don't be afraid to use the robot master weapon against the regular enemies. Shadow Blade can be fired in I think 4 or 5 directions, uses I think half bar of weapon energy and good against most enemies. Also, collect the E-tanks and 1ups too. That's my tip. :) Good luck!!! The only Megaman I haven't beat is Megaman 8 and Megaman Bass. I beat all the Gameboy series and NES series without Game Genie. Back in the days, Game Genie was use a lot to beat these difficult game.

So you beat the first one!?

Damn! Iceman level drive me crazy!!

The only thing I hear is those damn disapering blocks!!!

Otherwise, I'm good with all other levels

Edited by retroillucid

I started off with Cutman stage to get the Cutter. Then take on Elecman to get his Electric Shock, the best weapon in the game. I can go back into Elecman to use Electric Shock to clear away the blocks to get the Magnet Beam. Then Gutman and Iceman stage should be easier with the Magnet Beam. I hated Gutman level due to those platforms alone.

Edited by Kiwi

Looking promising!

Altough, I would have prefer he goes making his game for the NES

Well, who know maybe there will be a stage or a hidden Easter egg which will look like NES. But.. look like he got his eyes more on a Super Famicom... (SNES) when he was in Super Potato store. Maybe that's a hint for something?

Well, who know maybe there will be a stage or a hidden Easter egg which will look like NES. But.. look like he got his eyes more on a Super Famicom... (SNES) when he was in Super Potato store. Maybe that's a hint for something?

I do really hope to see more new games for the NES, especially in cartridge format

Who knows? Maybe one day

I quite enjoyed Megaman 9 & 10 but damn! I want physical copies!! :x

Lucky enough for me, someone is still working on MM9 for the NES

Binding of Isaac Mockup

post-24767-0-21950500-1378090453_thumb.png

This was one of the mock-up I was working about 7 months ago and I decided to work on it today. Here it is. The game itself is very foul. The foul nature doesn't disturbs me one bit since I'm already a disturbed person :( . However, the randomness in this game is perfect. Random treasures for each games. Random rooms per floor. Also, a crap load of item to unlock. I want to make a really randomize good game one of these day. Also I thought of Colecovision port of this game. Even I thought an Atari 2600 could be possible, I know it can be done, but not a perfect port of course. However here's a mock up of the game in question. And no I won't make Binding of Isaac for the Colecovision.

post-24767-0-37651900-1378091030_thumb.png

I really had this obsessive thought of this game I had. You chose to either play the Warrior or Magician. The HP bar is 3 HP per bar. I thought up a lot of weapons that had cool properties that made the weapon itself unique like a small leather whip would do more damage, less recovery time and a longer version of the leather whip will do less damage with more recovery time. I decided to show you this I worked on back then.

Everyone enjoy your Labor Day tomorrow. I have to work on that day, oh joy. :(

• Like 1

I got kind of burnt out a few days ago from working on an update for & bug fixing my iPhone/iPad game "Puzzah!": https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puzzah!/id662183602?mt=8

So, to recharge, I made Colecovision mockups of my iPhone game!

post-218-0-94880200-1378163539_thumb.png

post-218-0-14459600-1378163562_thumb.gif Click to see animation

post-218-0-54914100-1378163597_thumb.gif Click to see animation

Enjoy.

• Like 3

I got kind of burnt out a few days ago from working on an update for & bug fixing my iPhone/iPad game "Puzzah!": https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puzzah!/id662183602?mt=8

So, to recharge, I made Colecovision mockups of my iPhone game!

attachicon.giftitlescreen.png

attachicon.gifmaingame.gif Click to see animation

attachicon.giffever.gif Click to see animation

Enjoy.

Wow! Looks very nice!

Love the stars when blocks are cleared :cool:

• 1 month later...