IGNORED

ColecoVision Mockups War!

retroillucid

A very trivial mock-up of how Jammin' from Taskset could be converted from C64 to Colecovision or other VDP system. I had to cut down the level by 8 columns and 4 rows, which gave room for a rather big top banner. Rockin' Rodney also had to get a hair trim to fit within a 16x16 sprite, I suppose some of the bad guys playing instruments out of tune may need too.

post-5454-0-64319400-1384876050_thumb.gif

I kinda had a bad day today. So I made it all better by composing music for the Colecovision. I chose Zelda 2 Boss music. I put together a quick mock-up with my favorite boss Carock(not Wizrobe). This boss so awesome that his lifebar flickers.

Zelda 2 is my favorite NES game and I'm awesome at this game. Enjoy the music.

• Like 2

I've worked on this today. I think this Zelda 2 boss music is very close to the NES version.

Zelda2bossmusic.zip

I used one tone generator to act like NES's triangle wave. The other tone generaters have the same track but one track have higher notes than the other track. So they kinda act like NES's square waves. I used CV notes and notepad++ to put this track together. It takes a lot of guesses for me to try to get it almost right. I've attached a ROM with the music for those who want to use their Colecovision as their music box :music: . Enjoy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I've decided to resurect this thread as I enjoy making mockups

Here's what I'm working on these days, Quantum

This's preliminary works but you get the idea

The only home version that's not emulation I'm aware of was the excellent pseudo-clone, Doubleback, for the CoCo. That relied on the original analog CoCo controllers for its control scheme, which worked well, but obviously would be just about perfect with the roller controller. A combination Quantum/Doubleback homebrew on the ColecoVision would be pretty special, though I doubt we'd ever see it.

• Like 1

The only home version that's not emulation I'm aware of was the excellent pseudo-clone, Doubleback, for the CoCo. That relied on the original analog CoCo controllers for its control scheme, which worked well, but obviously would be just about perfect with the roller controller. A combination Quantum/Doubleback homebrew on the ColecoVision would be pretty special, though I doubt we'd ever see it.

I agree Bill

Quantum was/is an underated game

It's a shame because it's really a fun game

I heard about only 500 arcade machines were ever produced until Atari recall most of them

Aparently, it didn't do really well in Arcades

For Quantum and Reactor, my plan is to expand those games and make them "original games"

BTW: Those projects were aimed to make use of the Roller Controller

Ok, You have my interest.

I play this game several times a year. Always fun

Having the actual Arcade machine, I can tell you this game is hard as hell

For the CV version, I'm planning to have an " easy" mode , where you will be able to run instead of just walking

This will be based on a "cheat" made for the Arcade .....made by djubba, a member here

There will also be all DIP switches found in the Arcade game

• Like 1

You ... have .. the .. actual arcade game. Sounds like an episode of "silver spoons". How many will get that reference.

Yeah that game is hard. I can complete the first screen but never all 3 screens.

Is there another level. I've never been. Anyways, I thought that this was a good match for colecovision for a long time and very similar to King's Valley.

Having the actual Arcade machine, I can tell you this game is hard as hell
For the CV version, I'm planning to have an " easy" mode , where you will be able to run instead of just walking
This will be based on a "cheat" made for the Arcade .....made by djubba, a member here
There will also be all DIP switches found in the Arcade game

Edited by digress
  • Like 1

You ... have .. the .. actual arcade game. Sounds like an episode of "silver spoons". How many will get that reference.

Yeah that game is hard. I can complete the first screen but never all 3 screens.

Is there another level. I've never been. Anyways, I thought that this was a good match for colecovision for a long time and very similar to King's Valley.

Yes, I got very lucky ...to say the least ;)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230040-new-arcade-cab-at-home-yay/

No, there's no other level, it repeat with money bags (sometimes) place elesewhere