IGNORED

ColecoVision Mockups War!

retroillucid

Having the actual Arcade machine, I can tell you this game is hard as hell

For the CV version, I'm planning to have an " easy" mode , where you will be able to run instead of just walking

This will be based on a "cheat" made for the Arcade .....made by djubba, a member here

There will also be all DIP switches found in the Arcade game

did you sell some of your cab cause you will need more space when you ask for my rush the rock i could not imagine bringin it to your place any way great find

Reactor needs the love. There are no decent ports of this unique game, and darn it, the CV HAS A ROLLERCONTROLLER! What are we waiting for?!?!? :)

Forgive me if I rain on anyone's parade, but I never understood the appeal of Reactor. I had a hard time understanding what you're supposed to do in the game, even after watching footage on YouTube. I mostly understand the gameplay now, but it's still not appealing to me. I remember walking by a Reactor cabinet at a local arcade when I was a kid, and saying "What the heck is this? I don't get it, it looks complicated." then I would walk over to the Arabian cabinet and say "Ah, now that's more like it!" :)

All this to say that Reactor is far from being at the top of my list of desired new arcade ports to the ColecoVision. There are far more desirable candidates out there, such as Vanguard, Phoenix, Asteroids, Arabian, Kangaroo, Crystal Castles (with Roller Controller support!), Wizard of Wor, Pengo, Bag Man, Bubble Bobble, Gauntlet, Kung-Fu Master, etc.

Forgive me if I rain on anyone's parade, but I never understood the appeal of Reactor. I had a hard time understanding what you're supposed to do in the game, even after watching footage on YouTube. I mostly understand the gameplay now, but it's still not appealing to me. I remember walking by a Reactor cabinet at a local arcade when I was a kid, and saying "What the heck is this? I don't get it, it looks complicated." then I would walk over to the Arabian cabinet and say "Ah, now that's more like it!" :)All this to say that Reactor is far from being at the top of my list of desired new arcade ports to the ColecoVision. There are far more desirable candidates out there, such as Vanguard, Phoenix, Asteroids, Arabian, Kangaroo, Crystal Castles (with Roller Controller support!), Wizard of Wor, Pengo, Bag Man, Bubble Bobble, Gauntlet, Kung-Fu Master, etc.

I guess it's all about to each one his own

Reactor is fun, no doubt .... But I admit it can seem complicated at first

I agree with you, there's plenty of great games to choose from

Just so you see, I never liked Phoenix ....seems boring to me compared to other games like this

Same with Kangaroo ..... I would prefer something like Food Fight

The other choices you provide are great canditates, although ..... I though Eduardo had dibs on Wizard of Wor and Pengo

And unless I missunderstood, you have dibs on Asteroids, Arabian, Crystal Castle

I don't see how we could properly make Kung Fu Master on CV

I guess the same thing goes for Gauntlet

Anyway, I've many projects to complete befrore being able to make Reactor

Heck, I want to make Bagman Collection and Mr Do's Collection first

And would certainly make Quantum before Reactor, that's for sure!

did you sell some of your cab cause you will need more space when you ask for my rush the rock i could not imagine bringin it to your place any way great find

I did make space at my place ;)

In fact, I sold (and still selling) ALOT of videogames from my collection

I sized down my collection so I can have more space here

I don't see how we could properly make Kung Fu Master on CV

I guess the same thing goes for Gauntlet

Mediocre versions of Kung Fu Master and Gauntlet were made for MSX, so I suppose it's possible. It would probably be better with the Super Game Module, though.

Mediocre versions of Kung Fu Master and Gauntlet were made for MSX, so I suppose it's possible. It would probably be better with the Super Game Module, though.

Yeah, I know

Not sure why, but I immediately think of Contra (wich is mediocre on MSX)

Those games are doable, but they won't be any good on CV

Maybe with the exception of Gauntlet, wich somehow could be adapted

You call this crappy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAYJo-Eqzuk

I suppose there could be room for some small improvements in the implementation, but I'd be very happy just to get this as-is on my ColecoVision.

I agree that doing a good version of Kung-Fu Master on the CV would be quite a challenging task, though.

Forgive me if I rain on anyone's parade, but I never understood the appeal of Reactor. I had a hard time understanding what you're supposed to do in the game, even after watching footage on YouTube. I mostly understand the gameplay now, but it's still not appealing to me.

There doesn't seem to be any middle ground in regard to this game: people either love it or hate it. I love the game and would love to see this as a roller controller game on the CV.

Reactor is fun on the 2600, but it has been dumbed down from the arcade game. Would love to see a CV release with the cool music and sharp graphics.

You call this crappy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAYJo-Eqzuk

I suppose there could be room for some small improvements in the implementation, but I'd be very happy just to get this as-is on my ColecoVision.

I agree that doing a good version of Kung-Fu Master on the CV would be quite a challenging task, though.

Isn't a MSX2 game?

You call this crappy?

<snip>

It seemed a little jerky from what I remember. Is there a performance hit with two players? Of the home ports, I have the most experience with the C-64 version, which was quite good for what it was. Same thing with Kung-Fu Master on the MSX, which again, maybe I'm unfairly comparing to the C-64 version.

I did make space at my place ;)

In fact, I sold (and still selling) ALOT of videogames from my collection

I sized down my collection so I can have more space here

did you buy this cab from pat01 ???

this guy have all like 35 pinball and at least 20 arcade cab if you do buisness with him and you go to his place it will only make your seekness about arcade and pinball worst this is why i stay away from maaca and those crazy pinball collector....

the worst part is that those guy are all frendly inviting you at theire place to play on pinball machine that you can only dream about they bring you down in this madness..... chienne de vie cest trop dure de resister.....

• Like 1

did you buy this cab from pat01 ???

this guy have all like 35 pinball and at least 20 arcade cab if you do buisness with him and you go to his place it will only make your seekness about arcade and pinball worst this is why i stay away from maaca and those crazy pinball collector....

the worst part is that those guy are all frendly inviting you at theire place to play on pinball machine that you can only dream about they bring you down in this madness..... chienne de vie cest trop dure de resister.....

No, I bought it from Elio , a really cool guy

I stay away from pinballs as I know it's a pain to maintain them

Although, I would kill to have a Virtual Pin so I ca play The Getaway

BTW: got your games here ;)

Forgive me if I rain on anyone's parade, but I never understood the appeal of Reactor. I had a hard time understanding what you're supposed to do in the game, even after watching footage on YouTube. I mostly understand the gameplay now, but it's still not appealing to me. I remember walking by a Reactor cabinet at a local arcade when I was a kid, and saying "What the heck is this? I don't get it, it looks complicated." then I would walk over to the Arabian cabinet and say "Ah, now that's more like it!" :)

All this to say that Reactor is far from being at the top of my list of desired new arcade ports to the ColecoVision. There are far more desirable candidates out there, such as Vanguard, Phoenix, Asteroids, Arabian, Kangaroo, Crystal Castles (with Roller Controller support!), Wizard of Wor, Pengo, Bag Man, Bubble Bobble, Gauntlet, Kung-Fu Master, etc.

Reactor is an acquired taste. Part of it's original appeal in the arcade was the thumping bass soundtrack. The game play requires the analog feedback of a track ball and the 2600 port never came close, and playing with a mouse on MAME doesn't cut it either. That's why I continue to call for Reactor to get the port it deserves. The other arcade games that you talk about are good games, no doubt, but have either good ports or are represented pretty well on other platforms or on MAME. Reactor is just different. Those other titles are shooters, platformers and puzzle games that aren't as different a beast as Reactor. (All good ones at that... mmmmm.... Vanguard....) Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Reactor is an acquired taste. Part of it's original appeal in the arcade was the thumping bass soundtrack. The game play requires the analog feedback of a track ball and the 2600 port never came close, and playing with a mouse on MAME doesn't cut it either. That's why I continue to call for Reactor to get the port it deserves. The other arcade games that you talk about are good games, no doubt, but have either good ports or are represented pretty well on other platforms or on MAME. Reactor is just different. Those other titles are shooters, platformers and puzzle games that aren't as different a beast as Reactor. (All good ones at that... mmmmm.... Vanguard....) Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, same here

I love Reactor , such unique game.....and Arcade cabinet

I would love to own the actual arcade but it seems rare as hell

I tried it in MAME and it sucks ...... You need a trackball to play this

• 1 month later...

On another note....

I've just finished all graphics for Bagman Collection

Everything has been verified so it can display properly on Colecovision

I will probably tweek things here and there, but for now, everything seems fine

Hope you like it! :)

This looks amazing... when will this be released?