IGNORED

HSC Season #4 - Game 8 Q*Bert (by special request)

That's right, it's time to hop, hop and well, hop again to victory setting the pyramid to your target color. Due to the start time of this game, 2 full weeks will be given to play, putting the end time Sunday September 15th.

Play is allowed until Sunday, September 15th @ Noon Central time.

Scores FINAL

1. scalpel - 123,650 - 10 pts
  2. LidLikesIntellivision - 55,645 - 9 pts
  3. Oscar G - 32,065 - 8 pts
  4. darthkur - 22,490 - 6 pts
  5. jblenkle - 20,630 - 4 pts
  6. Ignorama - 14,885 - 2 pts
  7. jblenkle - 13,190 - 1 pt
  8. felson42 - 9,860 - 1 pt
  9. S.BAZ - 9,835 - 1 pt
  10. Roadrunner - 4,275 - 1 pt

HSC Leaderboard - As of 7 games

1. Ignorama - 84.5 pts
  2. Oscar G. - 60.5 pts
  3. cparsley - 59 pts
  4. felson42 - 37 pts
  5. 1980gamer - 23.5 pts
  6. darthkur - 19.5 pts
  7. WispFollower - 19 pts
  8. jblenkle - 15 pts
  9. INTVDude - 13 pts
  10. mr_intv - 11 pts
  11. Roadrunner - 10 pts
  12. JacobZu7 - 7 pts (tie w/Darrin9999)
  13. Darrin9999 - 7 pts (tie w/JacobZu7)
  14. Liduario - 4 pts
Edited by cparsley
  • Like 1

Hello guys,

This is my first go at this fantastic game. Thanks Scalpel for proposing to play this one. Great to see you in the HSC... Welcome back!

By the way, Retro Gamer is running a front cover special article on the history of Qbert. Perfect timing!

Oscar G. - 21,495 points.

post-34781-0-90034400-1378067446_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello guys,

This is my first go at this fantastic game. Thanks Scalpel for proposing to play this one. Great to see you in the HSC... Welcome back!

By the way, Retro Gamer is running a front cover special article on the history of Qbert. Perfect timing!

Oscar G. - 21,495 points.

attachicon.gifOscarG_Qbert1.jpg

Thank you Oscar :)

It's a challenging game.

Thanks for the info about retro game magaszine

By the way, you can do better than 21,495 ^^

• Like 1

This is not my game, I have huge problems :lol:

How do you avoid the jumping snake? Its faster than you. Do you really like the game? Its maybe okay, but absolutely not made for the controll-disk ^^

Don't worry, you'll do a good score soon.

Don't hesitate to check the different video about Q*Bert. By the way, to avoid the snake, keep it close to you before taking the "elevator", the snakes will follow you and swoop ^^

Yes, I DO LIKE A LOT this game. It's a really huge classic game as Asteroid, Space Invaders and PacMan. Of course, PacMan and Space Invaders are more known and famous.

I play with the unit, for me the controll disk is Perfect! Play again ^^ :)

This is not my game, I have huge problems :lol:

How do you avoid the jumping snake? Its faster than you. Do you really like the game? Its maybe okay, but absolutely not made for the controll-disk ^^

I love Q*Bert. (I know, shocking being that it's been my avatar for years.) I have just about every port of it and they all are challenging and enjoyable in their own way.

Like scalpel mentioned, you need to "bait" the snake towards one of the levitating disc platforms and jump on it shortly before the snake (Coily) pounces on you. He'll plunge to his demise while you are whisked away to the top of the pyramid. All other enemies will disappear as well. If not timed right and you jump on the disc too soon Coily won't leap off and will instead follow you up to the top.

I find the control disc of the INTV not to be not a bad mode of control. At least you don't have to hold the controller at an angel to have Q*Bert jump in the correct directions, like you do on most other ports.

• Like 1

Thank you Liduario :)39115 ? Well done ! You X 5 your last year score ! You can't stop before 50 000 ! ^^

I forgot that score!

And you won that round, congrats. Lets see what comes this time. 50000 would be nice and I'm enjoying the game, I had little experience with the nes, atari 2600 and 7800 versions.