IGNORED

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive HSC Season 2, Round 11: Insector X

classicgamer_27330

It's hard to believe we are already at round 11 of this HSC. It seems time has flown by since I started this. This week's game is an I game. I is a pretty interesting choice. So many of the I games start with The, and thus since by my rules for the alphabet contest The is the first word of the game and thus begins with a T. (See The Punisher week) This week's choice is Insector X. Yes Insector not Inspector.

Insector_X_000_zps5dc640bd.gif

Play the game on defaults. (rapid fire on, normal game level, 3 players) You CAN however choose your button setup

The gambling is back:

Pm me what place you think you'll finish and how many points you want to wager. If your right about your place, I'll add those points to your score. If you're wrong I'll subtract them from your score. You don't have to pm me a wager, this is optional and I'll keep it secret. Once a pm is sent, it can't be taken back.

Note if you bet on a place and finish higher you do win your bet. For example if you bet 2nd and finish 1st you get the points. Thusly I've decided to get rid of the 5th bet cause that's pretty much a sure point.

If you want to bet 4th the most points you can wager is 2
If you want to bet 3rd the most points you can wager is 3
If you want to bet 2nd the most points you can wager is 4
If you want to bet 1st the most points you can wager is 5

Bonus: (1 point each
Play any other insect related game for any other system. This week once a game has been chosen, that game and all other versions of that game are out. For example if Millipede for the Atari 2600 is chosen, then all other versions of Millipede for any other system can't be chosen for the next person. You can choose a different atari 2600 game though. Since I gave an example of Millipede, that game can't be chosen.

Play Insector X on the hardest difficulty with rapid fire off and 1 life. +1 point, +3 points if you have the highest score

Round 11 ends on 9/8/2013 at 12:01 AM EST.
Please don't post any scores until after Round 10 ends.

11 more letters to go

Letters done A, B, C, H, I, L, M, O, P. Q, R, S, T, U, and X
Letters remaining D, E, F, G, J, K N, V, W, Y, and Z

one thing I am finding out about this game...the higher your weapon level the more aggressive the enemies become and are more difficult to kill.

Yeah definitely some rank system here. Popcorn enemies shoot more bullets and bosses need more hits to destroy them. The game is actually easier to play without picking too many powerups.

post-36127-0-30507700-1378569693_thumb.png