IGNORED

What video game do you want to see ported over?

Omega-TI

Probably your best bet for boxes would be the Atarisoft style, the Parker Brothers style, or the ones that Funware used. Most other TI vendors weren't too imaginative with their boxes--especially TI! On manuals, the later color releases from TI are pretty much the gold standard (Texas Instruments followed a pretty good formula), with a lot of the 3rd party stuff much less interesting. Navarone would be the exception there, or the color manuals from Scott Foresman.

• Like 2

Probably your best bet for boxes would be the Atarisoft style, the Parker Brothers style, or the ones that Funware used. Most other TI vendors weren't too imaginative with their boxes--especially TI! On manuals, the later color releases from TI are pretty much the gold standard (Texas Instruments followed a pretty good formula), with a lot of the 3rd party stuff much less interesting. Navarone would be the exception there, or the color manuals from Scott Foresman.

Noted, thanks :)

I will do my best to have great boxes/manuals for the TI

I will use the same materials as we do for our CV releases

I will also do my very best to get you more CV ports for the TI

Looks like I need a TI-99 now...

• Like 2

I agree! I always liked Bejeweled. A clever programmer could probably write it XB, then run it through the compiler it for adequate speed. The jewels would be four characters or 16x16 pixels which should give decent resolution.

This is a screenshot of the Coleco version of the program:

Bejeweled.png

It makes me wonder what an F18A version would look like.

I'm thinking the TI might be coming into it's second GOLDEN AGE with all these new programs!

• Like 1

I agree! I always liked Bejeweled. A clever programmer could probably write it XB, then run it through the compiler it for adequate speed. The jewels would be four characters or 16x16 pixels which should give decent resolution.

Daniel Bienvenu's Bejeweled will be re-released on ColecoVision in 2014, by Team Pixelboy, under the name Jewel Panic.

Since this is the TI board, one TI game I would like to see ported to the CV is Microsurgeon. Somehow, the TI version seems slightly more advanced than the Intellivision version. Given that the TI uses the same graphic chip as the ColecoVision, I'm guessing porting it should be technically possible, although I am aware that the TI is not a Z80 machine.

EDIT: Oh, wait, it's the other way around, isn't it? This thread is about CV games to be ported to the TI. My bad. :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't want to struggle with Zaxxon on the 9918A. The graphics in the Colecovision version looks quite impressive, but slow, and the gameplay should be awful. You could probably make a really nice Zaxxon using the F18A.

Commando actually seems more a reasonable project for the 9918A although it's 3 years younger than Zaxxon.