IGNORED

Is Alcazar always this hard to find?

goldenegg

I've been trying to get a boxed copy of Alcazar for ages now. I never see them come up for sale. It was the last game I bought for my CV back in the day and would love to have a copy in my collection. I haven't even see a cart only copy pop up.

Are these incredibly rare? If so, how much should I expect to pay for a boxed copy should one show up?

After Telegames shut down, direct4games bought up a lot of their stock, and fortunately I was able to get a copy from them, but then direct4games dumped all their stock on eBay back around 2009 IIRC, and that was the end of that. Good riddance. Anyhow, I'm not sure if that was the end of the last big cache of Alcazar.

After Telegames shut down, direct4games bought up a lot of their stock, and fortunately I was able to get a copy from them, but then direct4games dumped all their stock on eBay back around 2009 IIRC, and that was the end of that. Good riddance. Anyhow, I'm not sure if that was the end of the last big cache of Alcazar.

I think it was the last cache, unless our Italian uh...friend...finds a stash.

FYI I cleaned out direct4games entire inventory of Alcazar and Tank Wars among others in 2007 on a side deal after they started listing them on Ebay.

I've none left except a few non working copies, failure rate was high on these carts.

I think it was the last cache, unless our Italian uh...friend...finds a stash.

FYI I cleaned out direct4games entire inventory of Alcazar and Tank Wars among others in 2007 on a side deal after they started listing them on Ebay.

I've none left except a few non working copies, failure rate was high on these carts.

These Alcazar carts use silver label like Rock'n'Bolt?

I have Alcazar in the original vac formed case. I bought it in the 80's along with Spy Hunter, & Boulderdash via mail order from telegames. Apparently I had good taste.

Alcazar was really amazing for the time. Comparable to a lot of computer games.

No I'm not selling. Just saying it's definately one of the better coleco games and cases.

I search on eBay.ca. That seller wasn't shipping to Canada, so it doesn't show up in my saved search.

Hate that. Worst part is that a majority of those sellers would ship to Canada if you sent a PM, but you dont know about it if it doesnt come up.

I did find a workaround for that somehow I think... I have some success with "Location Worldwide" which often produces results that dont come up on ebay Canada.

And yes, Alcazar CIB is a tough one. I got one 6-8 years ago and might have got it that very way. Click my sig and Alcazar photo is right at the top. I need to update that site bad and I wish my hit counter was working because a lot of people have visited that site over the last 7 years lol. It comes up high on google when you search colecovision collection. :)

Edited by kelman66

Hate that. Worst part is that a majority of those sellers would ship to Canada if you sent a PM, but you dont know about it if it doesnt come up.

I did find a workaround for that somehow I think... I have some success with "Location Worldwide" which often produces results that dont come up on ebay Canada.

I've discovered that using http://wap.ebay.com/ gives you international results, the only difficulty is to get the "big" page for the item after you find it.

Edited by nanochess