IGNORED

Project Z - Coming Friday 13th!

Fothlyrdrag

Thanks everyone!

I feel that i could have done more and more when i finished, i still had a list of stuff that i wanted to add.

But ive been working on a Contra style game that has proven to be quite amazing. (first hint on this subject to anyone)

I really like the capabilities that bataribasic has for someone with almost no knowledge of programming to make a completely awsome playable game.

I made this game short yet challenging, there are points where i though it could have been refined like waiting and waiting for lvl 1 to end..

The final boss of this game was actually intended for my next game but it fit just right. And the first time people fight it, its jaw dropping.

I hope to hear more feedback about this game because there was a very small group of testers and it seemed rushed at points..

But all in all im totally happy and will be getting the copies i promised made aswell as copies for myself.

To answer the "complete" question. cart, instructions, and box.

Thanks! im really happy and hung over :P

It looks pretty cool. I like the different levels, but I've not gotten very far yet because I eventually die from zombies that appear on top of me (even when I'm standing near the center of the screen). After seeing your video, I definitely want to make it to the final boss.

One suggestion I have that should be very easy to do, is to make your character use the walk animation when moving up and down as well as from side to side.

I didn't like the game at all. Already deleted. Plus: that flickering hires logo... I mean why? Why did you spend your time doing that instead of doing something about the gameplay itself? This is certainly not the way to go. Next time, please, desing something like Seaweed Assault... the real gameplay is the key to success, not flickering intros, this is not a C64 (demo) scene, this is Atari 2600...

I didn't like the game at all. Already deleted. Plus: that flickering hires logo... I mean why? Why did you spend your time doing that instead of doing something about the gameplay itself? This is certainly not the way to go. Next time, please, desing something like Seaweed Assault... the real gameplay is the key to success, not flickering intros, this is not a C64 (demo) scene, this is Atari 2600...

What the hell is wrong with you? Is it too much trouble to voice your opinion while being polite? Folks like you are what the scene does not need.

-B

Edited by Brian O
  • Like 3

No this kind of feedback is a good thing, yet it could have been more polite yes :P..

The intro was designed by Cybearg@atariage, i think he did an amazing job!

I do understand that the first lvl is tough to bare through but it gets better, the second level is really the hardest part of the game. and for good reason.

Im an avid Nes collector and recently got into VCS i wanted this game to have that nes feel to it without loosing the 2600 spirit.. i know its simple and straight forward but yet its challenging in its own way. Have you even fought the final boss?

Thanks for the true feedback!

I got to Level 2, and it definitely gets better on that level. I know you're working on your "contra" style game, but I think this title deserves to have some improvements made to make it a super awesome game. Here are some of the ideas that I would like to see worked on:

The tombstones actually blocking your movement.

Maybe have a difficulty selection, so you can start at a faster/harder level from the outset.

Perhaps, have a continue feature?

I like the changing of the day (colors)

I like the character animation.

I'm digging the game, but a larger/bigger game could be a really cool experience. Thanks for making this!

-mike

I got to Level 2, and it definitely gets better on that level. I know you're working on your "contra" style game, but I think this title deserves to have some improvements made to make it a super awesome game. Here are some of the ideas that I would like to see worked on:

The tombstones actually blocking your movement.

Maybe have a difficulty selection, so you can start at a faster/harder level from the outset.

Perhaps, have a continue feature?

I like the changing of the day (colors)

I like the character animation.

I'm digging the game, but a larger/bigger game could be a really cool experience. Thanks for making this!

-mike

Mike thanks for the feedback, ive really considered many of these possibilities before, and i understand that some things can be better.

But instead of rebuilding this game and adding more levels im compelled to continue with my other project.

Ive said before this is my first game and it is not perfect. I can say that this is like a teaser for what is to come.

I love action shooters and survival horror style games and that is what i plan to create.

I want to leave this game pure, There is story line to this game that is only explained in the manual. And it makes sense of whats going on in the game.

I missed the cartridge with the manual, so I don't have the explanation. I'm not meaning any disrespect for the game, in fact I really enjoy it. I'm just giving some potential ideas for a possible sequel "Z2 - the project continues..."

I look forward to seeing your future projects, and thanks again for releasing the rom to this game.

-mike