IGNORED

My salamander deluxe pack just arrived

Skarrj

Nes lifeforce is brutal Id probly punch my tv if I played anything harder then that.... Konami made some insanely tough space shooters. Me and a buddy beat Gradius once using Game Genie and the Konami code. I've seen video of people beating it before without codes but I almost think its fake. Has any one on here beaten Gradius without cheating. There are points that are so insane that I almost think its gona crash my NES!

• Like 1

About a year or so ago, Gradius was on the NES High Score Club and I finally sat down to destroy that friggin challenge from the 80s!...I managed to wrap it (I don't believe there's a full endin) almost twice. Definitely a game that relies on you making NO mistakes, and have your twitch factor dialed. The more times you complete it, there's more changes to the levels which was fun in a sadistic way.

I didn't cheat, but it's like this, I find: you suck at that game until you find the right combo for your weapons. Then...just don't die.

After doing that, when I fired up Lifeforce for the 'final battle', I comparitavely destroyed it. That game is tough as well without that 30 man code...really tough going through that maze, unless you memorize it. I can't memorize that kinda stuff to save my life, hence the Battletoads difficulty I have with the Laser Gates level.

I still have no clue what the OP is talking about in this thread, but if it's Lifeforce related, it's gotta be good.

So this thread got me thinking about my Konami space shooters again. Back in the day me and my buddies would go bar hopping and when we got back we would pop in Life Force or Gradius and see who could get the furthest, keeping in mind we usually had quite a bit to drink. I decided to pop some in today and give her a whirl completely sober..... It's not like riding a bike. I was never great at these games but I know I was never this bad either. I'll have a few beers during the packer game tomorrow and give it a try after that maybe I'll get drunk recall or something.

Got it on Saturn and PS1 (and PSP with Salamander Portable), 3 great games in 1, Salamander 2 is a beautiful game that is awesome. Some might knock it for unlimited credits, but in loop 2 that rule goes out the window and you get NO continues. But beating loop 1 allows access to loop 2 anytime so long as you have a save file. Salamander is a classic, Life Force is kinda odd. The FC Salamander seems to have parts of both Japan arcade Life Force and arcade Salamander, plus it has an ending each time you beat it, the pilot turns out to be a female, something not in the US version.

The FC Salamander seems to have parts of both Japan arcade Life Force and arcade Salamander, plus it has an ending each time you beat it, the pilot turns out to be a female, something not in the US version.

I think there is one male (Iggy Rock) and one female (Zowie Scott) pilot?

See the MSX' intro:

at 1:25 and 1:37

So this thread got me thinking about my Konami space shooters again. Back in the day me and my buddies would go bar hopping and when we got back we would pop in Life Force or Gradius and see who could get the furthest, keeping in mind we usually had quite a bit to drink. I decided to pop some in today and give her a whirl completely sober..... It's not like riding a bike. I was never great at these games but I know I was never this bad either. I'll have a few beers during the packer game tomorrow and give it a try after that maybe I'll get drunk recall or something.

You need to play it more. The NES Life Force is a very easy game once you get powered up and you have a general idea of what's up ahead. In the beginning though you will die a lot. But you should be able to get through it pretty quickly once you become more familiar with it.

The MSX verison is beyond Battletoads-hard. Plus there's a few things one needs to know about it: first off, the true ending requires the Nemesis 2 cartridge to be placed on the secondary cartridge slot (otherwise, it's a GUARANTEED bad ending every time). Secondly, one or two of the stages do not work properly or at all on MSX2-level computers. It HAS to be played on somethings MSX1-compatible. Lastly, there's a certain sequence that has to be triggered stage-per-stage (as various parts of a prophecy needs to be found) to get a weapon for the final boss.

The MSX verison is beyond Battletoads-hard. Plus there's a few things one needs to know about it: first off, the true ending requires the Nemesis 2 cartridge to be placed on the secondary cartridge slot (otherwise, it's a GUARANTEED bad ending every time). Secondly, one or two of the stages do not work properly or at all on MSX2-level computers. It HAS to be played on somethings MSX1-compatible. Lastly, there's a certain sequence that has to be triggered stage-per-stage (as various parts of a prophecy needs to be found) to get a weapon for the final boss.

Or you could avoid all of that work and play it on the Konami Antiques MSX Collection for the Saturn (import PS1 as well I believe). Not sure about the ending though in that version. :)

Well I had to go and get this. I don't have a saturn but I got a hacked PSP. So I downloaded the salamander pack. Only just tried it for a couple minutes and I freaking love it. Probably gona spend alot of time with this one in the near future. The real challenge is gona be finding the real thing. Now I just got to have it.

Well I had to go and get this. I don't have a saturn but I got a hacked PSP. So I downloaded the salamander pack. Only just tried it for a couple minutes and I freaking love it. Probably gona spend alot of time with this one in the near future. The real challenge is gona be finding the real thing. Now I just got to have it.

This and fire pro are my favorite imports.