IGNORED

Crazy Weird Racing Games

Metal Jesus

Some Crazy, Weird and Bizarre Racing Games with Jason Heine of TheEMUreview! Some of the games are so bad they are good…and some are…just really, really BAD!

Games Mentioned:
Car Battler Joe (GBA)
Road Blaster (iOS)
Enviro-Bear (iOS)
Jet Moto series (PS1)
Rumble Racing (PS2)
Starsky & Hutch (PS2)
Mentions: Desert Bus (PC) & Namco Negcon and Jogcon controllers
  • Like 2

Hmm, I thought Heine was a shorter guy but he seems almost your height in the intro. Is he standing on a box or something?

Heine is shorter than me...but in order to have two people on my green screen and in frame at the same time, I have to spread my legs very wide to get lower. We look stupid from the observer in the room, but it works out in the video.

Not sure if it would count since it isn't retro, but that FREE 2007 Toyota game Yaris on the 360 was pretty weird, if only because it was a game where the only car you could pick was the Yaris. Must not have done very well. There hasn't been a Prius game! Unfortunately the game was only available until 2008, so I'm not sure if it's obtainable anymore unless you downloaded it years ago.

One other game that might qualify as weird, and was also basically a big ad was Burger Kings 2006 PocketBike Racers, also on the 360. Unlike the Yaris game. The Burger King games were on disk. They were like $5 a piece or something like that. I bought em all (There were 3, and they were all pretty weird, but only one had to do with racing)in one day. Again, must not have been a very popular practice.

Not sure if it would count since it isn't retro, but that FREE 2007 Toyota game Yaris on the 360 was pretty weird, if only because it was a game where the only car you could pick was the Yaris. Must not have done very well. There hasn't been a Prius game! Unfortunately the game was only available until 2008, so I'm not sure if it's obtainable anymore unless you downloaded it years ago.

That game was absolutely horrible. It's the only time I've deleted a downloadable game off my 360 and the only time I've taken advantage of the ability to delete a game off my achievements list if no achievement points have been earned.

That said, it's still available in an alternate way. You just have to download it and burn it to a CD or DVD and insert it into your 360. It and several of the earlier freebies acted just like XBLA demos and had this ability.

The more recent freebies though have full DRM and can't be distributed this way.

One other game that might qualify as weird, and was also basically a big ad was Burger Kings 2006 PocketBike Racers, also on the 360.

Not only was it also on the 360, both versions were on the same disc. That has to make it a little more weirder. :)

Edited by Atariboy