IGNORED

The 2013 Atari 2600 collectors Hall of Fame vote

nofrills100

Continuing the tradition, I think the 2013 Hall of Fame vote is due for all collectors of Atari 2600.

In Homer's words from the previous year:

So for those new to the process here is how it works. You are allowed up to 10 choices for the collector Hall of Fame. Anyone person with over 75 percent of the vote will be inducted. If no one gets 75 percent of the vote, than the person with the most votes will become inducted. If we have a tie, than the person who reached that total of votes first will be inducted. I would also encourage anyone to take a gander at Show Us Your Collection forum to get a good idea of who to vote for.

http://www.atariage....our-collection/

Here are the list of former inductees.

Marco 2006

CPUWIZ 2007

Rick Weis 2008

Iwan-Iwanowitsh-goratshin 2009

Wonder007 2010

Marc Oberhauser 2011

Dino 2012

Edited by nofrills100

As in previous years, a time or date will be set when vote posting seems to be coming to an end.

Also I think it is apt to quote the wise words of a fellow AA'er from the previous Hall of Fame vote:

The vote is called "Atari 2600 collector Hall of Fame"

It is unimportant what exactly (Atari 2600 related) you collect.

loose games

boxed games

protos

hardware

rom files

patches

flyers

ecetera

In my eyes a collection is the sum of some or all parts.

Edited by nofrills100

Can we be politicians? Here is my campaign:

I have been collecting since 1995, but first owned one in 1978 when I was a young lad.

I have currently about 625 different games including pirates and homebrews. Of those, about 350 are boxed.

I have been a contributor for Atari Age and Atari Mania to further the collecting cause.

I have the photo variation website for everyone to see the vast amount of items they can collect to further their 2600 varieties.

Phil

Might as well show off my own collection for this. :-D

I posted my most recent photos (November 2010) here.

In addition to being a collector; I am also a semi-accomplished player. I have over 40 Atari 2600 world records as verified by Twin Galaxies, and was the Atari 2600 High Score Club champion for Seasons 6, 7, 8, and the Knockout Tounament, and the runner-up for Seasons 5 and 9.

My nominations:

Sr. Ferraz (AFAIK he owns the largest Brazilian VCS cart collection in the world and shared his knowledge with enormous generosity)

Andre81 (owns one of the largest, if not the largest sealed VCS box collection in the world).

Philflound (for giving us a clear insight in the world of VCS game variations).

And if collecting and archiving VCS ROMS and VCS related scans also counts, I might know a possible fourth candidate...

8)

I know the collections of Jahfish and Schitti are something to behold, but unfortunately have been kept under wraps for the most part.

But definitely Atari181 has been collecting up a storm these last few years and sharing his spoils in his collection thread.

And Rom Hunter from an archival perspective has done an invaluable job for the Atari 2600 community - nothing rivals his database to date.

So my votes are

Jahfish

Schitti

Atari181

Rom Hunter

In no particular order:

nofrills 100

Philfound

Zwackery

Sr. Ferraz

ianoid

jah fish

Rom Hunter

I tend to vote for those I've met or had correspondence with. Sr Ferraz is the lone exception, but the sharing of his collection (scans and insights) has been invaluable to our community, in my opinion.