IGNORED

what's going on with this 520st?

y-bot

There was already a clip on one of the chips. I had a 520STfm apart to start swapping stuff and it has a large PCB plugged in to one of those square sockets. That's when I realized they were socketed. Never seen anything like those before. I pulled the two, one clipped and one not, reseated and it worked. Not sure which one was the problem.

I don't know what that upgrade thing is but that is in an Atari 520STfm that I was going to rob parts from. The one I fixed is a 520ST without an internal floppy. Now trying to figure out what's going on with this external floppy. I think the power supply is dead. Searching for the pinout now. Anyone have that? Atari part no. C0700091-014 power supply model 1103.

Edited by y-bot

I figured out the pinout myself. Here it is for future reference:

looking at the power supply connector female end clockwise. First number is my number, last number is the number marked on the back of the plug where ther wires are connected. I think the power supply is functioning correctly but the plug may be worn or there is a wire broken.

1 white wire +5V marked "1"

2 red +12V marked "4"

3 black 12V ground marked "2"

4 not used marked "5"

5 blue 5V ground marked "3"