NIKON

New TG 16 / PC Engine Season  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a new TG 16 / PC Engine Season

• YES
    • NO

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I would like to start up a new season complete with a point ladder

There would be votes for games so I would need your input...so please list the games you would like to play

As far as how long each round would last would be put to a vote as well...but right now I would like to see if there is any interest in starting up a new season

After thought....CD based games...would there be an interest in them???

I have all the bios files for CD based games...however one would need to install Daemon Tools Lite (which is free) in order to play the games.

If there is enough interest I would supply a tutorial on how to set it up and implement....just so you all know there area number of excellent games on CD for the TG 16/PC Engine.

As far as manual...all PC engine manuals are in Japanese and unless you can read Japanese they would be useless.. I would however attempt to give some sort of manual for key data for what ever title needs it.

Your Thoughts?

Edited by NIKON

I found a video that shows you how to download and install a TG 16 / PC Engine emulator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErGzkVxsvqg

I have included all the bios files for those who do not want to use Magic Engine

System_Card_Pack.rar

Magic Engine is (in my opinion) the best TG 16 / PC Engine emulator out there...however is does cost $20.00 (twenty) USD for the Magic Engine....there are other files that you can get but they are not necessary as the Magic Engine will do everything you need.

The Magic Engine will run CD based games from your PC's CD ROM drive or DVD drive but I know that there are those who do not want to run burned discs...there is a solution to that...Daemon Tools Lite

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/products/dtLite

Once you have Daemon Tools Lite installed...here is a video link on howto do just that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZCCsQBI_Yo

You will then need to get some cd images ....you can google for them there are numerous sites that have them. For the uninitiated.... you will see a rom file that looks like this air_zonk(J) U = USA J = Japan

U mean it was released in USA

J means it was only released in Japan and may or may not have english translation or sub titles

Ok.. so now you have a CD image...now what....well open your Daemon Tools Lite and then add the image to your catalog

The red arrow is pointing to the add file icon

post-34056-0-94782500-1378605810_thumb.png

Once a file is in the catalog....Select it as displayed by the 1 arrow...then click on the Mount icon displayed by the 2 arrow

post-34056-0-04262700-1378605810_thumb.png

Once this is done then either minimize or close that window (closing the windows will not un mount the image or close the program )

Open Magic Engine and click on Boot CD

The Game then Loads and you can then begin playing

Hope this helps if there are any questions either PM me or post them here

I know that we're used to emulators being free, but honestly Magic Engine is totally worth the $20. Flawless emulation and top-notch GUI. Totally headache-free. This kind of stuff should be supported. Skip a meal out and buy this instead.

And I personally have no problem playing burned games on an emulator. I just don't want to risk prematurely wearing out the laser in my duo. Some people think that it makes a difference and others don't, but why take the risk?

I know that we're used to emulators being free, but honestly Magic Engine is totally worth the $20. Flawless emulation and top-notch GUI. Totally headache-free. This kind of stuff should be supported. Skip a meal out and buy this instead.

I know...I have had ZERO trouble with the Magic Engine....has worked flawlessly from day one. So easy...just click and play.