IGNORED

Is it possible to play World Series ML Baseball in an emulator?

intvsteve

I can't seem to get past the title screen in jzIntv or Nostalgia. Granted, I have not hooked up a CGC or Ultimate interface yet, but jzIntv doesn't recognize the .itv from Intellivision Rocks as WSMLBB, it lists it as (Incomplete) in the title bar of the window.

Also, my searching skills must be lame, as I can't determine if either of these emulators allow you to provide ECS keyboard input without a CGC.

TIA for any advice.

I can't seem to get past the title screen in jzIntv or Nostalgia. Granted, I have not hooked up a CGC or Ultimate interface yet, but jzIntv doesn't recognize the .itv from Intellivision Rocks as WSMLBB, it lists it as (Incomplete) in the title bar of the window.

Also, my searching skills must be lame, as I can't determine if either of these emulators allow you to provide ECS keyboard input without a CGC.

TIA for any advice.

For jzintv, you need the ECS.rom image, and you need to set a flag in the command line enabling the ecs:

Intellivision Hardware Flags:

-s# --ecs=# ECS. 0: Disable, 1: Enable

-v# --voice=# Intellivoice. 0: Disable, 1: Enable

Pressing "f7" on your pc keyboard enables "keymap 2" which allow your computer keyboard to function as an ecs keyboard.

Does this help?

For jzintv, you need the ECS.rom image, and you need to set a flag in the command line enabling the ecs:

Pressing "f7" on your pc keyboard enables "keymap 2" which allow your computer keyboard to function as an ecs keyboard.

Does this help?

Yes, it does!

Oh, that's what that 'readme.txt' file is for. :P Why I didn't search there, it's embarrassing. F7 got me into the game. I have ecs.bin and ivoice.bin. I also have a ECSPATCH.bin as well... The game seems OK for a little while (just running demo mode), but then at some point it seems the crowd's background cheers get 'stuck' on and loud. The game keeps playing, but the sound is pretty messed up.

I know WSMLB uses a kind of bankswitching that isn't compatible with either of the Intellivision flashcarts. The Cuttle Cart 3 site says:

World Series Major League Baseball will not properly with the Intellivoice because it requires special bankswitching and the extra portion of the ROM containing much of the voice information is not legally available. Other games might be found to be incompatible as well, especially any prototypes discovered that use the same bankswitching as WSMLB.

Could the issue here be similar?

Could well be!

BTW, Steve, did you ever get the scans I sent you many moons ago, of the French-Canadian AD&D, Bomb Squad, Mission X, and Mouse Trap?

Probably on the dead hdd of my old system. Haven't inspected the backups to locate the 'pending work' emails. Over the years they've bounced across machines, email clients, addresses, and hosts. But good intentions won't back up the data or get the work done. PM me if you've still got them.

Edited by intvsteve

Yes, it does!

Oh, that's what that 'readme.txt' file is for. :P Why I didn't search there, it's embarrassing. F7 got me into the game. I have ecs.bin and ivoice.bin. I also have a ECSPATCH.bin as well... The game seems OK for a little while (just running demo mode), but then at some point it seems the crowd's background cheers get 'stuck' on and loud. The game keeps playing, but the sound is pretty messed up.

why dont you have the file ecs.bin? not sure what ecspatch is. i play both wsmlb and wsmlb with real player names (yes that rom exists)and i personally have never had/noticed an audio issue with jzintv.

I do have ecs.bin, ivoice.bin and also this mysterious ecspatch.bin. I think these are all from Intellivision lives / rocks CDs. Not sure if there's an issue with the .cfg files for the wsmlbb.bin or what. I've tried the files from the Rocks cd and they exhibit the problem. I haven't double-checked the release of jzintv I've got--using the one linked to from the IntelligentVision site. I suppose I could pull the source from spatula city if that's where the latest is and build it, but I'm lazy that way. ;)

Probably on the dead hdd of my old system. Haven't inspected the backups to locate the 'pending work' emails. Over the years they've bounced across machines, email clients, addresses, and hosts. But good intentions won't back up the data or get the work done. PM me if you've still got them.

I just resent the email to your Gmail address -- hope that's OK, and that it goes through!

I just resent the email to your Gmail address -- hope that's OK, and that it goes through!

Got it. Thanks. I actually have the Bomb Squad but have been too busy to scan it. Yours should save me some time. :D I just put up Mission X (French-Canadian) this weekend. Your copy looks nicer though.

Edited by intvsteve
  • Like 1

Got it. Thanks. I actually have the Bomb Squad but have been too busy to scan it. Yours should save me some time. :D I just put up Mission X (French-Canadian) this weekend. Your copy looks nicer though.

Great! Glad it went through. All of those games, BTW, have made their way to a mysterious bunker in Canada...