IGNORED

HELP! UltraSatan Bricked!

Guitarman

Got my UltraSatan a while back but just broke it out to start using to make backups of my HDD's. It was working fine.Connected it and ran the config to set the drive ID's to 2-3 to work with a MegaSTe I want to back up. No issues. Then I did a search for updates to the US and found the 1.13 firmware update, so I downloaded and installed the new firmware. Now the US will not respond to anything. I get a power light but when I insert a card, no flash from the drive lights. I have taken it out of its case and jumped the base firmware jumper but no change. If fact, now when I connect it to the computer, my floppy drive starts getting read errors when trying to access a disk. Half the time, with it connected, the ST will just start to the desktop with no drive activity. HELP!!!

The US I have is Jookie's version, black case with the card slots up/down from each other. As I said, this is the first I've started using it as it's been sitting on my Atari desk since I bought it.

It's beyond that. First thing I tried was the jumper. But if I connect the US to a machine, the machine will not boot properly to anything and I get floppy read errors that go away as soon as I disconnect it. It's on its way back to Jookie right now so he can reprogram it. I PMed Lotharek to see if he has any of the new one so I can get a spare.

Guitarman, how did you make out with your Ultrasatan? Get it working? I thought there was a jumper inside that would force it to boot from the default firmware. Or is it beyond that?

It's beyond that. First thing I tried was the jumper. But if I connect the US to a machine, the machine will not boot properly to anything and I get floppy read errors that go away as soon as I disconnect it. It's on its way back to Jookie right now so he can reprogram it. I PMed Lotharek to see if he has any of the new one so I can get a spare.

Glad it is being sorted. I have an older one (Zaxon made) and a Lotharek one. I updated the firware in the Lotharek one but I was not sure if I should update the older model. I thought maybe the new firmware was just for the Lothrek model. I've asked a couple times but have never read anyone saying they updated an older version. And it works anyway, so I'll leave it alone. :)

Yeah. Mine is the first version originally built by Jookie. The firmware, from what I understand, is for any version. Also, this firmware is mainly for issue found with the latest version of HDDriver, which I have. If you're not using HDDriver, I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't heard back from Lotharek yet about a spare.

Yeah. Mine is the first version originally built by Jookie. The firmware, from what I understand, is for any version. Also, this firmware is mainly for issue found with the latest version of HDDriver, which I have. If you're not using HDDriver, I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't heard back from Lotharek yet about a spare.

Hopefully he has one for sale. You're probably going to use the Lotharek version if you have both. The design is nice with the cards side by side and the metal case is great. Using any inexpensive cell phone charger is nice too.