IGNORED

Epyx for ColecoVision Box and Cartridge Variants

boxpressed

I was looking over NIAD's CV/ADAM rarity list, and I noticed that it doesn't yet account for Epyx box variants. Cartridge variations for Pitstop are noted, however. I have a one-piece box for Pitstop and a two-piece box for Gateway to Apshai. I know for sure that there is a two-piece Pitstop box. Can anyone else confirm variants for Apshai or Jumpman Junior?

As far as I know, I have all the Epyx variations accounted for:

PitStop was supplied in 2 different cartridge shells (Imagic shell and a Coleco-ish shell) and was packaged in the same two-piece box with one stating "For ColecoVision" and the other "For ColecoVision & ADAM". There was also the French/Canadian two-piece box for PitStop and JumpMan Junior, but I have not seen one for Gateway to Apshai... I have seen and do have all the French/Canadian cart label variations.

I have never seen a 1-piece box for any of Epyx's (or is it Epyx') releases. As far as I know, all their games were released in the 2-Piece style, so perhaps you have a box that was made for another system? If you could post pics of this 1-Piece box, that would be appreciated.

Here you go, Jim. Wish it were in better condition. Time to update the list!

Son of a B.... now there is another U.S. variation that I have to track down! :mad: Somehow I think this one will be very hard to come by.

Thanks for sharing the info and the great pics and yes, the list will be updated to include this one. I just wish I had come across this one before so that I won't have to duke it out with everyone else to obtain it when one becomes available. :?

Umm - well blow me down - been going through my spares box and came across an Epyx Gateway to Apshai in the single piece box. It's in similar condition (or slightly better) compared to the Pitshop shown by boxpressed above.

So that's two changes to the Collectors list. Also, both the single piece box and the 2-piece box have the product number as 610R and not 610 as shown in the collectors list.

• Like 1

Pictures or it doesn't exist! :twisted: That's what I love about this stuff, there is always something new popping up all the time to keep things interesting and I'm not talking about all the latest and greatest Homebrews.

Thanks for taking a look at your collection and sharing your findings with everyone. Seeing as 2 of the 3 Epyx titles were supplied in 1-Piece Boxes, I guess it's pretty safe to assume that Jumpman Junior was also packaged in a 1-Piece Box.... but it won't be added to the list just yet.

Pictures or it doesn't exist! :twisted: That's what I love about this stuff, there is always something new popping up all the time to keep things interesting and I'm not talking about all the latest and greatest Homebrews.

Thanks for taking a look at your collection and sharing your findings with everyone. Seeing as 2 of the 3 Epyx titles were supplied in 1-Piece Boxes, I guess it's pretty safe to assume that Jumpman Junior was also packaged in a 1-Piece Box.... but it won't be added to the list just yet.

Like I said, the only 1 piece Epyx box I never seen is, Jumpman Jr.

But a 1 piece box may exist, even more when you already have 2 of the 3 games already being released in 1 piece box

Let's the hunt begin! :D

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I am n00b here but I was wondering if anyone can help me?

I have Jumpman Junior cartridge for Coleco Vision & Adam, with box, manual and warranty register card. Box is slightly damaged on the side but nothing major. There are no other logos I can find apart from Epyx.

Does anyone know if this is rare (I presume it is) and what is estimate value? Few websites are mentiioning rarity 4 but not sure what does that mean?

Cheers

colecovision%20jumpman%20junior%20box%20

Rarity is determined by a number between 1-10. 1 meaning common as dirt and 10 meaning 1 of a kind. Jumpman junior is one of the more common Colecovision titles after the titles published by Coleco itself. Loose the game sells for around 10 dollars. Boxed it sells for around 30. Atari2600.com has a copy right now for 34.95 http://www.atari2600.com/ccp7/ecom-prodshow/Jumpman-Jr-COLGAM0160E.html

As far as determining value (what it actually sells for) the games quality and fun factor are also factors.

Edited by Manoau2002
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the Imagic version Pitstop cart.. No boxed copy at the moment. I wonder what's up with that anyway, was that a last minute or latest release type thing? I'm assuming Imagic sold Epyx all those empty cases as part of surplus or maybe part of going out of business.. Very interesting. :-) my escape from the mindmaster cart is in a regular coleco cart, but then again that's just a reproduction I believe.

• 5 years later...