IGNORED

What popular games did you not own in the 80s?

cvga

Pitfall. I had only played it at a friends house (and loved it). I bought it in the early 90s from a guy in high school for $5. I didn't get Adventure until years after that, in 2000, I believe. I always had the manual to drool over but no game.

Space invaders. adventure. pitfall. pitfall 2. Star wars. indiana jones. Et. Pac man

had mostly games like dig dug, Pole position, ms pacman, battlezone, Jungle hunt, vanguard, moon patrol, and 30 or so others like space attack ,armor ambush ,river raid and so on never got those other popular games till 2003. Played them in the 80's at friends house. Out of my first list the only game I liked or like today are the pitfall ones.

Edited by Jinks

I can't remember titles, but I know there were a lot of games my family did not have.

What I do remember is that while we didn't have them, I had cousins who did. They always seemed to have more games and newer games than we did.

It took a while, but I think I finally beat them - I'm up to 250 titles. ;)

To my regret, I never owned Pitfall! and River Raid back then.

For some reason, they just weren't for sale in the local shops at that time (probably sold out).

I remember being quite frustrated about not being able to play River Raid.

It was regarded as one of the best VCS games at that time.

8)

• 5 months later...

My parents spoiled me. I can't think of a popular VCS game I didn't own. I got at least one game a week back then. In addition to an allowance! And my parents weren't rich (Dad worked in a factory, mom worked food service). I can't imagine what all they must have sacrificed to give me everything I wanted.

• Like 1

I didn't own any of those either.

I would do a temp swap here and there with my neighbor to play Pitfall and Empire Strikes Back (he got my Defender and Starmaster).

I thought the campfire in Pitfall was the coolest thing back then.

I really owned about a dozen carts back then but loved them all.

To my regret, I never owned Pitfall! and River Raid back then.

For some reason, they just weren't for sale in the local shops at that time (probably sold out).

I remember being quite frustrated about not being able to play River Raid.

It was regarded as one of the best VCS games at that time.

8)

I still feel that River Raid is the best Atari game of all time. I keep coming back to that one time and time again.

Lloyd

I still feel that River Raid is the best Atari game of all time. I keep coming back to that one time and time again.

Lloyd

It's even better now:

atariage.com/forums/topic/220544-river-raid-turbo-wrandom-start-and-other-river-raid-hacks/

All of them. Never owned a 2600 as a kid growing up in the 80s :_( (sad story, right?)

However, one of my best friends was an only child with a well-to-do Dad, and he owned every popular game that came out. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time at his house.

I am living the dream with my 2600 now, though :grin:

Edited by atari_envy