IGNORED

Gone

BJorgenson

It would cost $100 from him. But you lose everything. You have to hold the old game gear for controls. You have to be close to the TV. Close to a wall outlet. It doesn't look nice next to your other consoles. Doesn't play master system games in high quality. No replaced caps. And the list goes on

So yes, for $100 you could get a really bad version. If you want a real version that would be easily playable, you have this

Shoot, if I hadn't just blown a wad on a nice bundle of Commodore hardware, I'd be seriously tempted. Actually I still am. But hopefully a deal is in progress so I won't have to think too hard.

Either way, very nice system you have there!

Edited by FujiSkunk

It would cost $100 from him. But you lose everything. You have to hold the old game gear for controls. You have to be close to the TV. Close to a wall outlet. It doesn't look nice next to your other consoles. Doesn't play master system games in high quality. No replaced caps. And the list goes on

So yes, for $100 you could get a really bad version. If you want a real version that would be easily playable, you have this

A cap kit, good batteries and a charger, and a LED backlight mod could be had for the $100 if one is willing to do the work. Add video out via a second 1/8 inch jack and you have quite the portable system.

I saw this when it was first posted. The console advertised here would be a great start for anyone who is serious into Game Gear but doesn't care about portability.

A cap kit, good batteries and a charger, and a LED backlight mod could be had for the $100 if one is willing to do the work. Add video out via a second 1/8 inch jack and you have quite the portable system.

And it still wouldn't be anywhere near as cool as what's being sold here. Batteries or a charger in 2013 lol...