IGNORED

what the heck is up with shopgoodwill.com

Osgeld

I just started watching this site, and man they are ridiculous with shipping, for example...

Vintage Texas Instruments home computer TI-99/4A. Model: PHC 004A. circa 1981.

just the base unit, power brick and box, starting bid is 9.99$ ok I shall look, shipping weight 35lbs!

no software no accessories just the base computer, before I even think about bidding its 43$ worth of shipping + whatever the price goes up to.

just ignoring the description of

Unknown. Software is not included. 2048MB RAM memory iMac Core 2Duo 2.8GHz CPU. Sorry, WiFi is not included.

just placing a bid makes this a > 50$ computer, crap for another 15 bucks I can buy one just like it on the bay and have it in my hands the same time this bidding war ends (from what I have seen this will go for 40 ish bucks + 43 bucks shipping)

Its honestly not worth even looking at this site as every object on it has a seriously stupid shipping weight.

Thoughts?

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 3

I refuse to use them any longer. They won't combine shipping. They charged me a fortune to ship something 15 miles and on top of that, the items were rubber banded together in a non padded envelope simply crushing the boxes beyond all belief. Especially avoid the Toledo Ohio Goodwill if you want anything delivered in any kind of shape!

Goodwill in general has just gone off the deep end on their pricing for most items. Yeah, they have their regular discounts, etc., and you can get lucky and find something good for cheap on occasion. But for the most part, I just don't even bother anymore. Bought a few things from ShopGoodwill.com a long while back, but it just isn't worth the hassle or the ridiculous shipping/handling charges. I may drop into the local Goodwill once every couple months just out of curiosity, but that's it. The one-off thrift shops, pawn shops, and yard/garage sales are the best places to shop in the wild any more.