IGNORED

Retro event 26th October 2013 in Elst, The Netherlands

LX.NET

Hi everyone,

Next month on Saturday the 26th of October there will be a huge retro event in The Netherlands: RetroEvent

post-27403-0-16509700-1378969175_thumb.png

What's happening there?

• A meetup of a lot of homebrew developers for various platforms, ranging from Atari VCS, Sinclair ZX Spectrum to Philips Videopac and ... Atari Lynx.
  • Vendors from The Netherlands, Germany, Austria and the UK
  • Special guests, such as Jeroen Tel and Boys without Brains
  • A Retro machine museum

There are going to be 3 large halls with the vendors, homebrew heroes and the museum.

The event is held in Elst in The Netherlands, which is very close to Nijmegen, which again is very close to Oberhausen, Germany (as a reference) and it is also very doable from Belgium.

I really think this is going to be a great event, organized by Martijn Wenting of Revival Studios fame.

My aim is to get as many Atari Lynx developers there as well. If more than one (I'll be there) is going to show up, we can organize a meetup or something to learn, celebrate and whatever.

Der Luchs is trying to be there, and I hope that more German Lynx devs and fans (108Stars, Sage, Matashen, Mathias, Bernd, GroovyBee, ...) will be able to make it. If you were ever able to go to JagFest in Bochum, this is only a short hour away from the Bochum location.

So, please check if you can make it to this event. It should be really, really good fun. Check out the website yourself: http://www.retroevent.org.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, go right ahead.

Alex

It takes place during Eurocon. The Eurocon get together starts Friday. I believe Martijn mentioned it is by invite only. The Retro Event on Saturday is open to anyone.

Make sure you drop by, nognir. I have a table at the Homebrew Heroes area. It shouldn't be hard to spot me with the Atari Lynx laying around.

Too bad you can't make it, Gaztee. Have fun at Wembley.

Edited by LX.NET

Oh, and BTW: not to rule out any people from other countries, but everyone is welcome. I do know that RGC in Meaux is held the same weekend, so am not sure what the priority of that event over this one is for the French devs.

And if GadgetUK wants to come over, I am happy to pick him up from the airport.

If anyone needs a place to sleep should you arrive a day earlier or not travel back the same day, please contact me and I will see what I can do.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, time flies. It was great fun at the retro event in Elst. Ninjabba, Der Luchs, mazemate (?) and myself met up. Really super. Ninjabba showed his Wyvern Tales and I did some demos on TLA and Hack Slash Loot. A big Thank You to them and all other that dropped by.

Hopefully till JagFest. ;)

Wow, time flies. It was great fun at the retro event in Elst. Ninjabba, Der Luchs, mazemate (?) and myself met up. Really super. Ninjabba showed his Wyvern Tales and I did some demos on TLA and Hack Slash Loot. A big Thank You to them and all other that dropped by.

Hopefully till JagFest. ;)

You're gonna be at Jagfest???

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...