IGNORED

Alamogordo, New Mexico dig producers asking to talk to Atari fans...

Retro Rogue

The dump wasnt the source for the stories, there was suppose to be a a separate landfill they were put in. At least years ago when i lived there the dump wasnt where they were suppose to be. If you ever saw the town, the only place that appears to be on a fill is walmart. My bet is nothing will be pulled from the dump. Sounds like false intel to get anyone remotely interested in alamo.

Um, even Walmart isn't cheap enough to build their store on top of an old dump.

If anyone is interested, I put 4 videos up on Photobucket. They have been in the I have proof landfill thread before but I think all those links have been broken for a while. Two are of the interview with a city employee talking about the Atari dumping and what he remembers as a kid back then. It's broken into two parts for my uploading back in the day with a 28.8k modem. Another is Edward showing on a map where the landfill is. The last video is me driving to the landfill. Enjoy my redneck accent!

http://s679.photobucket.com/user/Spudboy2/library/atari?sort=4&page=1

If anyone is interested, I put 4 videos up on Photobucket. They have been in the I have proof landfill thread before but I think all those links have been broken for a while. Two are of the interview with a city employee talking about the Atari dumping and what he remembers as a kid back then. It's broken into two parts for my uploading back in the day with a 28.8k modem. Another is Edward showing on a map where the landfill is. The last video is me driving to the landfill. Enjoy my redneck accent!

http://s679.photobucket.com/user/Spudboy2/library/atari?sort=4&page=1

Not bad. Thank you for sharing these long forgotten relics with the internet. Place really is a wasteland for sure. Also I am from Louisiana and your accent is not bad at all. Hardly noticeable.

Edited by stardust4ever

The dump wasnt the source for the stories, there was suppose to be a a separate landfill they were put in. At least years ago when i lived there the dump wasnt where they were suppose to be. If you ever saw the town, the only place that appears to be on a fill is walmart. My bet is nothing will be pulled from the dump. Sounds like false intel to get anyone remotely interested in alamo.

Who said anything about a dump to you? I stated landfill in your quote of me. It was the other later response to someone else I mistakenly said dump when quickly typing that out. They were dumped in a landfill, crushed and then had concrete and dirt piled over them. Both landfills and dumps are run by the government (usually local), i.e. they know where they are. Landfills more so, since they have to be monitored through the whole process (and for some time afterwords). The difference being a dump is wide open and a landfill is built up in layers (with the bottom most layer usually a clay or other sealant of some sort to keep hazardous drainage from getting into the water supply), and a continuous crushing of materials and layering of dirt as each layers fills with what needs to be disposed of. Again, the government knows where the landfill is, as do the people originally involved with it. The question is simply where in the landfill it is, and what's still actually there. Likewise, the dumping is not "stories." It happened. What it's not is an E.T. dump, rather a wide assortment of games and console/computer hardware from the El Passo plant.

Edited by Retro Rogue

Thank you to everyone for your responses, I have enjoyed reading each of them! Of course, my goal is to speak more thoroughly with those Atari fans who are excited that this is finally happening, 30 years later.

If any of you are interested in talking further individually, you are welcome to email me anytime at madelinestevens29@gmail.com.

Thank you!

Madmaddie,

I am sure for most of us, it's the answering of some questions that we find interesting. I know for years we heard these stories about how the carts were dumped, cemented over. It was always just a story with no real proof, or at least that I can recall from the times I heard about it. There would be a posting somewhere and everyone would get all lathered up about it but no proof ever offered up or anyone who was actually willing or able to find this out. Then along come Marty and Curt and offer up some real proof. Not only that, it's not like you are hearing it from the cousin of a guy who knows someone who talked to someone who's father in law saw it happen, it's coming from Marty and Curt! Now it looks like you guys might have an actual chance at unearthing this block of concrete and finally either putting the rumors to rest or making them even more out of hand. You have to remember that back when this was all going on, some of us lived in a real vacuum of information. Like I mentioned in a Pac Man thread, the first time I got to see the game running was when I put it in. There was no internet to check reviews or see preview videos. And when the internet did come along, the "rumor" started it's run. So as the rumor spread it was news to me. Sure I didn't think E.T. was the greatest game, but I also didn't know I was supposed to be burying my copy either.

Good luck to you and your team.

• 2 months later...