IGNORED

Ninerpedia and 99er.net offline?

TheMole

We're having issues with the PHP support on the server. I hope Rich Polivka can fix it soon. In the meantime, just put your MESS question here.

I am looking for a list of supported command line switches regarding the PEB, as well as more information on the debugging capabilities. Furthermore, I would need to figure out how to start MESS from a different directory and still have it look for carts and roms in the root of the program directory.

I'm basically trying to set up a GCC development environment on my Mac and I'm nearly there. I can do everything I need manually, but want to include support for running the program in my Makefile, which means understanding how to run it from a different location and how to start if with the proper PEB configuration.

• 2 years later...

Since a few weeks ninerpedia has some problems...

Anyone know what's up with?

Messages like the following are showing up.

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 8 in /home/rpolivka/public_html/ninerpedia/includes/MagicWord.php on line 739

Since a few weeks ninerpedia has some problems...

Anyone know what's up with?

Messages like the following are showing up.

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 8 in /home/rpolivka/public_html/ninerpedia/includes/MagicWord.php on line 739

I noticed that too today, and was going to ask, but busy between working and typing on my Corcomp problem :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Grrr ... I just had to reinstall Ninerpedia from backup. :mad:

If you intend to install any MediaWiki, make sure you disable account creation immediately. This is enabled by default (yes, unbelievable but true).

During that time from Jan 29 until today, several hundreds of spam accounts were created and spam entries were uploaded. While I tried to block new acount creations, a dozen new accounts have been created, so I did the hard way and threw away the complete database.

Edited by mizapf

It has been a long and frustrating few weeks... :-o But, I think everything is just about working now. I'd offered to host Chris Schneider's SHIFT838 site, but I was getting some errors with the software that we wanted to use to send out his newsletter. My hosting company suggested that the solution would be to move my account to a new server. That sounded fine, but when they moved everything, it triggered a bunch of errors on Ninerpedia. Once a few more thing were straightened out, Michael was able to install a newer version of Media Wiki. Then, last week, I found that when I went to 99er.net, I was getting a message that my account was suspended. It seems that the hosting company forgot to tell me that when they moved everything to a new server, there would be a new IP address. Once I updated the DNS entries, everything was working again. But, everything that I had uploaded since December was now on the old server. I think I've gotten just about everything caught up now. My apologizes to Michael, and my thanks to him for all of the work he does with Ninerpedia.

I've been with the same hosting company for 11 years now, and things have always gone pretty smoothly. I get unlimited disk space as well as bandwidth (which is why I'm happy to host other sites), and the price has always been right, so I hope this was just a small bump.

Okay, thanks for letting me vent. :grin:

Thanks,

Rich

Latest Updates - http://www.99er.net/blog

• Like 2