IGNORED

call of duty: black ops II licks turtle anus

Chris Leach

Ok,

So i buy this game over a year ago and play it nightly with my clan buddies and gals at quarter to 9:30 religously!

ive prestige mastered and played enough to diamond a couple classes. Still with all this experience, my ass gets handed to me daily.

Anyone understand why cheats are so prevalent on this game?

i cant understand it, but we will be up by like 10 and then...owned!

Its not like i suck at the game, but the scorestreaks get dropped by peeps all the f'in time?

please help me understand.

For now i have retired from the game and movin onto gta v next tuesday!

Ok,

So i buy this game over a year ago and play it nightly with my clan buddies and gals at quarter to 9:30 religously!

ive prestige mastered and played enough to diamond a couple classes. Still with all this experience, my ass gets handed to me daily.

Its not like i suck at the game, but the scorestreaks get dropped by peeps all the f'in time?

The only issue I constantly run into is bandwidth throttling, which makes it to where you can dump a clip into a enemy but they turn around and one shot you (from your view), but on theirs they are already shooting you and killed you, also its why people seem to shoot at you before you see them around the corner (because on their screen they are already around the corner shooting you in the face). Or where you are being shot by a enemy that's not facing you. Many of these people do not realize that they are hooked up by wifi with a crappy signal (even if you have the best net in the world, if they have a crappy wifi signal their ping will be no better then a crap broadband connection). I will never use wifi for gaming, I always use Ethernet (if everyone used Ethernet we wouldn't run into as much issues as we do in this game).

I have ran into games where I get mowed down by a sentry gun when I am wearing blind eye, ghost, cold blooded and no friendlies are behind me (somethings odd about that one).

Its these people that count on running into a crew that runs n guns, if you see you're start to lose your grip on the match hold one side of the map (don't break half map cause it can and will cause a spawn flip and get your team killed, which will cause them to get their score streaks) and have them come to you (patrol a area). Got to know when to shift to a different strategy.

But I learned to deal with it and mostly overcome it. I mainly go positive when I play, very rarely do I go negitive, I sometimes go even (mainly when I have played for a while and start to get tired).

But I have a win loss ratio of over 2.0. Around 50k kills, about a 1.4 KDR, and I do think a SPM of 245. I am a P.M. I could reset my stats to get away from when I first started playing this game, but I don't really see the point in doing that. I sort of like being underestimated by the enemy team that has better looking stats.

Edited by madmax2069
  • Like 1

Play Hardcore mode.. that eliminates a lot of the "I emptied a clip and you didn't die" complaints by a bunch. Whats good about black ops 2 is there's no delayed spawn anymore in hardcore mode and it's treated just like regular team deathmatch where you spawn immediately.

As far as teams that like to hold a part of the map and camp the choke points: While I used to enjoy breaking those up, if it bugs you then the thing to do is just play Kill Confirmed, which is no different from regular TD but pretty much eliminates camping strategies & "holding one side of the map", for the most part... unless of course someone is just trying to level up a gun or something. :)

Play Hardcore mode.. that eliminates a lot of the "I emptied a clip and you didn't die" complaints by a bunch. Whats good about black ops 2 is there's no delayed spawn anymore in hardcore mode and it's treated just like regular team deathmatch where you spawn immediately.

As far as teams that like to hold a part of the map and camp the choke points: While I used to enjoy breaking those up, if it bugs you then the thing to do is just play Kill Confirmed, which is no different from regular TD but pretty much eliminates camping strategies & "holding one side of the map", for the most part... unless of course someone is just trying to level up a gun or something. :)

I play only hardcore TDM, and no, it doesn't eliminate emptying a clip into someone, if the player you are shooting at is manipulating their internet connection or just have a crappy internet connection you are just going to be wasting bullets and you will most likely die as a result.

I play the game with tactics and strategy, which is why I win most games I play, I try not to play with random players. Everyone I play with calls out the enemy position, I don't run around like john Rambo cause 9 times out of 10 you will get killed. I don't camp per say but I will hold down a side of a map by patrolling a specific area (not breaking half map) forcing the enemy to come to me or my team. If I need to I will switch to a sniper (stick n move) or a LMG (wall banging to cover my team). The only time when I stop moving (in wait, be it around a corner or hiding) is when a team mate calls out a enemy in the known location where I am, have a v sat or UAV up and I know the enemy is pushing forward (and know where he is coming). Or he gives his possition away.

Play the game how you like (because you bought it), but I play to win, and I do most of the times due to how my team operates.

Ok,

I thought it was all cheating as well (not that there isn't a good amount of that too). Truth is, the main problem is something which Activision implemented a while back...Lag Compensation. Here is an explanation of how it is "supposed" to work:

http://community.activision.com/thread/200546196?start=0&tstart=0

They really meant well, but in reality, it does cause some of the problems they are trying to avoid.

(please keep in mind, I am a complete amateur with regards to this type of technology...I am just repeating what I have researched over the past year or so due to my own similar frustration)

What happens is that your router gets bloated with back and forth uploads/downloads and the buffering in between (most of the problem occurs on the upload of data packets to the server).

I've seen a few fixes online, but these require the purchase of a quality router in which the settings can be adjusted manually. See here:

Also, you should really try to use a hardwired connection if at all possible.

As for all of the 10 year old boosters, hackers and general cheaters...sadly, not much can change that. :(

The sad fact is you get punished for having a better speed/latency than the kids with walmart dial up speeds.

Because of this lag compensation "technology", I have abandoned COD altogether. I wish it would go back to the way it was during the days of World at war/COD4/Modern Warfare II. After MWII, it all seemed to go to hell in a handbag with regards to connection speed and lag compensation. Now I just play the campaigns and call it a day.

I've never played blops2, but I can fairly certainly promise that it doesn't heavily feature 'clips' of anything.

Misusing the term is furthering some bad stereotypes about gamers and it's certainly like nails on a chalkboard to me.

How do you empty a magazine...with an eraser or some white-out??? I thought MAGAZINES were only meant for reading? :lolblue:

I play only hardcore TDM, and no, it doesn't eliminate emptying a clip into someone, if the player you are shooting at is manipulating their internet connection or just have a crappy internet connection you are just going to be wasting bullets and you will most likely die as a result.

I always hear this.. I'm not a crazily devoted player like a lot are, but as someone who probably has near 2000 solid hours of multiplayer playtime over the past 6 years ( I have about 1000 hours since Black Ops 1, and I played even more cod4/cod5/mw1) I honestly haven't really experienced this in all my time. Maybe I'm lucky. :lol: What version are you playing most of the time? 360 over XBLive? PC? PS3? Just curious.

I play the game with tactics and strategy, which is why I win most games I play, I try not to play with random players. Everyone I play with calls out the enemy position, I don't run around like john Rambo cause 9 times out of 10 you will get killed. I don't camp per say but I will hold down a side of a map by patrolling a specific area (not breaking half map) forcing the enemy to come to me or my team.

Yes we all know the old tac-insert and hang out and wait teams often easily discerned by their cries of "THEY'RE COMING ON THE RIGHT SIDE! RIGHT SIDE!" you hear them say all the time. :lol: Like I said, Kill Confirmed pretty much eliminates that style, but it is legit. Nothing forces the other team to come over by the way. If you meet another camping.. err "map-holding" team like yourselves (and there are plenty) and you both can hang out on both sides of Carrier all day long with only snipers having any luck. :) On that note I have a pretty good success rate messing with those types of teams with a pure John Rambo class equipped for full speed (light weight, fast hands, extreme conditioning, dexterity, etc.) and a simple tac insert and EMP so I plant near the choke point, then keep spawning there and pounding away. :) Before you know it persistance will pay off and if I can kill about 4 quickly in a row and EMP their tac inserts, then a spawn flip happens and I don't really care if we lose at that point but I just love making them flip. :lol: Get a quicky Lightning strike and an orbital Vsat is right around the corner and bam you see all their camping..err.. "patrolling" positions. but I know all of them anyway on every map. (exactly from playing against thousands of teams that do it) e.g. I could hold one half of Carrier all day long with a team that I'm communicating with, but that's not fun to me. But then again, I've been playing a lot of Kill confirmed as of late so it becomes moot and quick John Rambo rules the day. :P

but I play to win, and I do most of the times due to how my team operates.

I play for fun.. As long as I'm positive in a game I'm happy and having fun. I tend to play with complete randoms though so it's always a tossup if my team wins.. whether I have 50 kills in a game or not. :lol:

Edited by NE146

I've never played blops2, but I can fairly certainly promise that it doesn't heavily feature 'clips' of anything.

Misusing the term is furthering some bad stereotypes about gamers and it's certainly like nails on a chalkboard to me.

If you do not own a gun, the term clip is mainly used in place of the word magazine. Although in reality a clip is similar but also different to a magazine, a clip and magazine both hold bullets, a magazine has a feed mechanism (a spring loaded follower), and a clip lack the feed mechanism.

When someone says they emptied a clip into someone, means the emptied the ammo out of their current magazine.

@NE146

You have to run with me to know my playstyle. I'm mainly moving about. My term of camping is someone who stays in the same place the entire match. Patrolling areas while holding one side of the map is in no way camping. I have never used a tact insert, nor does any one I run with, we are just good at callouts, and good on getting there to stop the enemy.

I played MW2 on 360, then BO1 on PS3, MW3 on PS3, BO2 on PS3. I use Ethernet on my systems (wifi is garbage for MP gaming). I also have a 30meg cable connection (get about 1.5-2megs upload).

Oh and BTW you can play the same style in Kill confirmed as you do in TDM. I use to play KC in MW3 all the time, and trust me, my playstyle did not change.

@ bennybingo

That so called lag comp fix is what's causing all the issues, people have found out of you throttle too much it actually acts like a constant lag switch, oh and BTW is does nothing to change how lag comp works, nor does it correct anything. Every COD game i have played has had lag comp in the games, games such as Unreal tournament 99 didn't have lag comp so you had to lead ahead of where you seen the enemy to be able to hit where he actually is (which is why the mod called zero ping was made), zero ping is lag comp (in a different form from what is used in CoD) it made it to where you hit what you was aiming at (which it compensated for lag so did not have to lead the shot).

Lag comp can't fix all issues related to a bad connection, or a highly throttled connection. That's why you can get 8-9 hit markers (in even a hardcore match) and get no kill, heck I've got plenty of headshot hitmarkers using a ballista

Edited by madmax2069