IGNORED

Intellivision Kiosk Module Video

boxpressed

Awesome video! My guess about the games is that titles that use the EXEC will work, and that the Imagic and other games bypass it and therefore won't. The game titles are probably scraped from the carts based on those assumptions. There must be a V at just the right location for even that much to show up with Spiker. Is it the same with other INTV titles? What about IntelligentVision or Elektronite games.

I wonder how Thunder Castle or Thin Ice, Tower of Doom or World Championship Baseball would work, as they were developed initially by Mattel.

Then again, it's all guessing. Could be totally wrong :P

Edited by intvsteve
  • Like 1

Yep, cool video. I remember he had it linked as part of the auction...which I lost. :(

I remember he had it as BIN for 2k and after no bits put it up for 1k starting auction. But I only remember one bid as being placed. Did you forget to log in when you placed the bid? :)

That is correct. One bid for $1,000.

Crap, that's right. I remember it not selling at $2K, then the bid at $1K coming in late. I had planned to message him if it didn't sell at $1000 with a best offer, and then kicking myself later. The previous one a couple years prior went for $550 or so IIRC.

Crap, that's right. I remember it not selling at $2K, then the bid at $1K coming in late. I had planned to message him if it didn't sell at $1000 with a best offer, and then kicking myself later. The previous one a couple years prior went for $550 or so IIRC.

This particular unit commanded a premium because it emits the green force field.

• Like 2

Yikes. What happened to it?

I can't remember. I do remember, however, the one I owned had an adjustable timer (to allow the games to only be played for a certain amount of time... something like 1 minute to 5 minutes). I found where that was in the circuit board and ripped it out (I was around 12 at the time - so I didn't just desolder it :P ) No more times games! :)

I also remember putting arcade controles in the panel and hooking it into my 2600 (there was a bootleg arcade game maker down the block so I used to go dumpster diving a *lot* there.) This was all around '81/'82. Good times.

But damn I wish I still had that unit. :(