IGNORED

Original Adventure Atari 400/800 Proto/Advance Reviewer Copy

thegamepimp

Wanted to share this with the forum here. This is an original copy of the Original Adventure for Atari 400/800. It was sent to a reviewer and has the original note from "Lou Vita" at Compuware asking the reviewer to mention the source of the software. I noticed on Atarimania that this was an R10 and there were no scans or dumps of this. This came straight from the reviewers collection of games. Does anyone have any insight or any idea of the value of this?

Let me know what you guys think, thanks in advance!

post-34810-0-21830800-1379525121_thumb.jpg

I was more looking for information on why it is so rare, maybe what some other R10 titles have brought in the past. The value is less important to me than just more information. Is it significant that there are no images or a dump on Atarimania? Seeing if anyone had some insight about it. Also on Atarimania it shows Robert Howell as the programmer, did he work for Compuware? I couldn't find any information.

• 8 months later...

Just noticed this thread.

I would peg the value at 100-200.

I just sold the cassette version for that LINK

I can say thet the game was advertised in Creative Computing and as far as I was able to tell, if a direct port of Colossal Cave. Atarimania's info is a bit scattered, but it appears that the Creative version was the main one.

I love how your package also contains a bug fix!

Edited by FastRobPlus