IGNORED

yars revenge arcade update

YANDMAN

Hi Guys

Had something pretty cool happen with My Yars revenge arcade cabinet recently, Im sure most of you will be aware that arcade owner and restorer Richie Knucklez also made a yars revenge arcade cabinet i think with the guys from this old game, Well i recently got talking to Richie and showed him my cabinet that i had built, He said he preferred my sideart and i said i preferred his marquee so we swapped artwork with each other and somewhat unified the two machines across the globe.

I know several of you commented when i first posted about not liking the marquee so here is a couple pics of how it is now, i think it looks great, So thank you Richie

post-33164-0-89087100-1379593509_thumb.jpgpost-33164-0-88036100-1379593532_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thats cool, did you keep it styled as centipede?? I hope so as those cabinets are beautiful and i want one

Definitely, I kept the Centipede cab as original as I could. The control panel was trashed though, so I replaced it with a standard joystick and a couple action buttons. Here is an older photo of it:

http://www.gamingenterprisesinc.com/temp/Mame_Cab.jpg

Edited by gameofyou

Much better marque. Now I think we need something more on the bezel around the screen. Maybe a lot more Yars (like Galaga) with the energy field or a star field on the bezel. I just don't like the large print Atari below the screen. It's too detracting and feels redundant since its already on the cab. It makes the screen feel small.

Im already there, I have drawn up artwork for the force field to go across the bottom of the bezel so that it looks like yar is flying down toward it and im thinking of making up a black and white points schematic to run along the right side of the bezel this filling it in nicely

• 1 month later...