IGNORED

F18A - 80 Column & Enhanced Graphics Supported Programs

Omega-TI

This is more curiosity than desire. The 8563 used for the Commodore 128's 80 column mode is able to do 16 more-or-less ANSI colors in 16k with 8x8 characters (640x200.) My guess is the VDP's table layout might preclude similar ability? Does the 9938/58 support color in 80 columns?

I don't know about the 9938 (I don't think it does), but the F18A allows full color in T40 and T80 modes, as well as sprites and the bitmap layer. You have to enable one of the Enhanced Color Modes though.

Color is supported.

post-29515-0-35834200-1389463577_thumb.jpg

Gazoo

• Like 2

Color is supported.

attachicon.gifGeneve Menu.jpg

Gazoo

One distinction before someone claims foul: The V9938/58 text mode only supports 4 colors [text fore/back plus blinking fore/back] natively. Graphics mode 6 [512x212x16 color] is leveraged to emulate an 80-column, 16-color text mode via software. If only there were a true hardware mode for this mode, the OS would not need to do all the heavy-lifting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Programs that exploit the extended features of the F18A

As of (01/01/2015)

80 Column Programs/Utilities

4A DOS / Command DOS

80 Column Display

Author: Monty Schmidt

BA-Writer

80 Column Display (In Editor)

Author: Paolo Bagnaresi

Modified By: Tursi

Boot

80 Column Display

Author: John A. Johnson

CF2K & DM2K

80 Column Display (in ‘View’)

Author: Fred Kaal

DSR-Scanner

80 Column Display

Author: H. Glaab

fbForth

80 Column Display

Author: Lee Stewart

MLC “My Little Compiler”

80 Column Display and extended operations

(Most extensive use of the F18A to date)

Author: Guillaume Tello

PrEditor

80 Column Display

Author: Tom Bentley

Sector Utilities

80 Column Display

Author: John Birdwell

TI-Microsoft Multiplan (80 Column Hack)

Hacker: Unknown

Turbo Forth

80 Column Display

Author: Mark Wills

Enhanced Graphics/Games

Titanium

Extra Sprites

Author: Rasmus Moustgaard

Scramble

Enhanced Graphics

Other Utility Programs

PALEA5

Color Display Enhancement (TSR)

NOTE: Many of the programs on this list can be obtained << HERE >>

Edited by --- Ω ---

Your two lists are out of sync, @--- Ω ---. fbForth is missing. I did not check for others. Also, you might want to change the spelling of "Preditor" per @eck's post, viz., "PrEditor".

...lee

Wow, "My bad". Sorry about that, I have no clue what happened to the list. I've made the changes you requested. Thanks for setting me straight on the PrEditor typo too. :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

For any of you F18A user's who have not yet tried the 80 Column Multiplan on your TI yet, there are some CHEAP Multiplan cartridges available on eBay for only $7.85 each (shipping is included) << HERE >> Once you get the dirt cheap cartridge, you can download the 80 column version for your F18A .

Also, since I got an *NEW* copy Multiplan today, I figured I'd scan and share a copy of the REFERENCE CARD and KEYBOARD STRIP for anyone that may be able to use them.

Multiplan - Guide & Template.pdf

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I found another 80col program working with F18A:

DSRSCAN

http://home.arcor.de/system-ninety-nine-user-group/util/index_e.htm

http://home.arcor.de/system-ninety-nine-user-group/util/dsrscan_e.pdf

http://home.arcor.de/system-ninety-nine-user-group/util/dsrscan.p99

There is one little glitch, you don't see the active Line highlighted, but that's minor to what the information that the program offers you.

kl99

• Like 1

I found another 80col program working with F18A:

I could not get it to run. I put it in my FIAD directory and of course had to convert it to from TIFILES format, after renaming it to give it a TI name. I've never messed with anything with a "p99 extension before, so I may have messed something up.

Could someone please upload a ready-to-run version or tell me how to convert it? Thanks.

I had it already on a real floppy disk, either its different to what is online or we have a conversion issue.

Try this file (hdx compatible), it's not a zip file (forum doesn't allow attachments without file suffix).

attachicon.gifDSRSCAN.zip

I'm having no luck today. I cannot load it, heck I cannot even copy it to the HxC. I'm also unable to rename/remove the ZIP extension. could you please put it into a real ZIP file so I can extract it and try again? Thanks.

Zipped Hdx ready file:

attachicon.gifDSRSCAN.zip

Diskimage:

attachicon.gifDSRSCAN.dsk

Thanks! It worked... with a few quirks.

med_gallery_35324_1027_40888.jpg

I found my first program that does not get along well with the XB 2.7s cartridge...

med_gallery_35324_1027_85755.jpg

... when I press M for module information, I get this most times...

... when I use my TI Editor/Assembler module it works perfectly every time.

med_gallery_35324_1027_5200.jpg

The listing in << MESSAGE # 130 >> has been updated. Thanks again for the submission, this is a real neat little program.

I did notice that the directions are version 0.17 while the program is 0.11, of which there is a 10 year difference, but I did not notice any variations or missing features in my cursory inspection of the program. Does anyone know what they might be?

it could be that this version was personally handed via floppy from the Author Harald G. to the former owner of the floppy disks. from reading letters they had lot of correspondence.

I also had issues with the XB 2.7 suite module.

kl99

• Like 1

Well, considering everything that Gazoo packed into that module, the old program probably went into "WTF mode" and gave up! :grin:

It's sort of like that. The program you are using is attempting to scan an HSGPL card. The Ubergrom works differently than that. I wouldn't ecpect it to work very well, if at all.

Gazoo