IGNORED

Super Nintendo - Hidden Gems

Metal Jesus

Looking forward to part 2 and 3. Only starting to look into the SNES recently (see my comment on the vid). A few insider tips won't hurt.

SNES is pretty tough to get into right now because the prices are out of control. To give you an idea, the average price for these games are $50~80 or more. Hagane at the end is over $500 right now! This makes it very tough to buy a game you may or may not enjoy playing... so I really lean on emulators to try them out first before dropping the crazy amounts of $$$.

• Like 1

SNES is pretty tough to get into right now because the prices are out of control...

Indeed. Guess how lucky I was on today's flea market. I scored a working SNES console with controllers and all cables for 25 Euro (they go for 60-70 Euro on German ebay). From a reseller!

I know him for quite a while, and we've been haggling over this SNES for months, hehe... He's a really fine fellow, and I like him a lot. Many people say that resellers are all pieces of crap, but I get the feeling that there aren't more assholes among them than in the rest of the Homo sapiens population. It all boils down to the Golden Rule. Treat them with as much respect as you want to be treated with, and you will get a deal, just like from other people.

Great video, Metal Jesus! As much as I want to like Firestriker, the sloppy ball physics wreck the experience for me. The game ought to be awesome -- the RPG flavour and coop is totally great in theory, but there's an undeniable clumsiness to how it plays. Legend's another let down for me, although less so than Firestriker. The combat is some of the stiffest I've run across in a beat-'em-up, but despite that, it is kind of a cool game and, as John pointed out in the video, the Golden Axe-ish theme is definitely welcome among SNES brawlers.

Underexposed-yet-quality games make for some of the most interesting lists to assemble, IMO. Sticking to NA releases, a handful of titles that spring to mind are...

Brain Lord - It's a bit rough around the edges but there's something about Brain Lord that really appeals to me. Could be the awesome soundtrack and wonky translation.

Kid Klown in Crazy Chase - As a big fan of No One Can Stop Mr. Domino! on PSX, this one's right up my alley. Top notch sprite animation and a ton of charm overall.

Shien's Revenge - I've always enjoyed Cabal-style cursor shooters and this is an especially cool one. The melee combat adds some much appreciated depth and the boss fights are rather intense.

Super E.D.F. - The diversity of the arsenal and the somewhat RPG-like power-up system make for a highly entertaining shmup.

The only game in this video that I own is space megaforce and its totally worth the money. I think I paid around $30 for it about 3 years ago from collectorscardsandgames and he actually hunted a copy down for me. It too seems to really be rising in value. And it is a Compile game, just like Blazing Lazers

I was going to research it, but looks like you already did. I do know that from the small clip played in the video, it sounds like it had some of the same sound effects as in Blazing Lazers.