IGNORED

How about selling The Donkey Kong Arcade rom for $20

Yurkie

Eduardo would you consider selling the DKA rom for $20, so that people with the Ultimate SD and the SGM can play it.

Maybe require 100 people to be interested and collect money first.

I am just suggesting that you sell the one that is finished but that your not happy with the sound. If you make changes you can still release the cart at a later date.

Edited by Yurkie

What happened to DKA? I thought it was going to be released this year?

That was the plan initially, but "Real Life"TM tied a ball and chain to Eduardo's ankle all summer long.

(Notice how Eduardo said he was going to come back on Friday, but it's Sunday evening as I write this and he hasn't logged on to AtariAge all week-end. Go figure...)

• Like 1

Guys....... Even if Ed was here, think about it

Printing, assembling, packaging... Etc.... Etc... Takes alot of time

I highly doubt it will be released this year

But the more we wait, the best the product will be

I too can't wait to play DK Arcade, .... But let's be patient

He also need to complete every SGM orders before...

• Like 1

Wasn't Eduardo going to add those extra screens into the game from DK2: Jumpman Returns? That could be part of the delay.

It's still a possibility that the release will happen later this year, but that all depends on how much time Opcode has to devote to it and still get the second run of SGMs ready and shipped.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember the opposite...I thought he had gotten permission to add those screens. And you really don't need to remind me that "the delay is his life"...that has been established here in message after message. There has been some negativity here concerning him disappearing and releasing things late. Well, my attitude is he'll release them when he releases them...which is better than not at all which could happen if he is pressured too much.

No the delay is his life. The author of DK2 wasn't giving him permission to use it or he was asking for the world for the right. I don't remember which it was.

Yeah, I remember it being in one of these threads too...but I can't find it. And quite frankly I can't remember which way it went - whether he got permission or not...it just sticks in my mind that the guy originally said no or Eduardo thought he would say no...but it turned out just the opposite.

I know it is in one of these threads but don't remember which one.

I remember being dissapointed and thinking what an ass so I am pretty sure it was not successful for the DK2 screens.

OK, I found it...and Eduardo apparently did get permission...it's somewhere around here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/146281-donkey-kong-arcade-colecovision/page-21

It starts at Message #503...#510 he says he got the go ahead (although he also mentions it involves sacrificing virgins)...but in later messages like #522 he talks about trying to decide whether to include it in DKA or release it as a standalone...

I know it is in one of these threads but don't remember which one.

I remember being dissapointed and thinking what an ass so I am pretty sure it was not successful for the DK2 screens.

I greatly apologize for being away for so long, for not getting here to reply to messages or even emails. But I was under a lot of stress, really critical situation, and I had to keep my job, otherwise I would be out of the US, and with 2 little kids to feed.

Guys, we're only talking about a game here

Look at what Eduardo says last time he was on AA

Real life come first!

• Like 2

So what's your point? You're exactly right, it's only a game...and we were discussing it...I've said in past messages that Eduardo has a job and obligations, etc., and I greatly sympathize with him because I'm very familiar with work related pressures...they probably led to me quitting the best job I ever had and developing several health issues...but why is that even coming up...that's not what we were talking about.

All I originally said...in response to NIAD's message...was that maybe part of the reason DKA has been delayed was Eduardo was going to add the DK2: Jumpman Returns screens to the game. And the only reason I said that was because there was discussion of it way back in October.

And I've also said, the game will come out when it comes out. Whether it's later this year or next year, or the year after, I'm fine with any of it.

So what do we know?

* DKA is still listed as having a 2013 release date on the Opcode web page

* This probably won't happen

* The game probably is not 100% complete, but may be close

* The game probably is not 100% complete, and may not be close if DK2 screens are added

* Why the rush? As Retroillucid said, "It's only a game..." Wouldn't you rather have it next year than not at all?

I realize for some people it's hard waiting for these games, but consider the alternative...no games at all. We all need to cut Opcode, Pixelboy and Collectorvision some slack as far as when things are released.

Guys, we're only talking about a game here
Look at what Eduardo says last time he was on AA

Real life come first!

• 4 months later...