IGNORED

Castle of Horror for the Astrocade...

ataridave

It doesn't by itself. You gotta get a BASIC cart with the jack input/output. (there is BASIC carts without it)

They are pretty common so if you have a Bally, it's worth getting one.

I have seen in th manual that an accessory was planned to add a jack port on the light pen port, but since it's blocked I guess they found easier and cheaper to have it build into the cart... and the owner of the first cart just had to buy the new one (I don't think this accessory was released, but I might be wrong).

BALGAM0007L.gif

It doesn't by itself. You gotta get a BASIC cart with the jack input/output. (there is BASIC carts without it)

They are pretty common so if you have a Bally, it's worth getting one.

I have seen in th manual that an accessory was planned to add a jack port on the light pen port, but since it's blocked I guess they found easier and cheaper to have it build into the cart... and the owner of the first cart just had to buy the new one (I don't think this accessory was released, but I might be wrong).

Original BASIC and original Audio Cassette Interface:

Bally%20BASIC%20(Bally)(Alt).jpg

300_Baud_Interface.jpg

It connects to the light pen port for power.

• Like 1

This game looks awesome!

Once you play it, you might not think so. That was my first and only BASIC cassette game ever purchased back in the day for my Bally Computer System. The novelty of loading a game from cassette wears off real quick, and honestly playing BASIC games just never compares to one of the standard cartridges.

Not knocking the game or the programmer, just not a big fan of the BASIC games on this system in general.

I like it. It reminds me of the game that I'm currently making for OSX, Windows and Linux, called Escape! (based off of the game "Chase" printed in Creative Computing... the same game that inspired Robotron and Berzerk. Now it is available for most platforms as either Daleks or Robots.

It is the first time that I've seen Chase taken from a turn-based game to more of an arcade game, other than the arcade games I mentioned (which just were Chase-ish, really).

(not really used to plugging my game, I guess I'd better get good at it soon!)

• 1 year later...