IGNORED

New XE Game System on E-Bay!

SoundGammon

That description is a nightmare. An "Atari Only Thing" that has over a hundred games built in???

Ebay seriously needs to force people to take an IQ test before they're allowed to sell anything

EDIT - Oh there was supposed to be a period after "Atari". Proper sentence structure is a wonderful thing :ponder:

Edited by AtariLeaf

I like people on E-Bay who no idea of what they're selling and how they go about it. Great thing, because most of the time they have a nice low starting price! Other times the price is way out in space! I think I would have started around $99.00. This one is going to be fun to watch!

Never noticed before, but the screen shot of One On One Basketball is the 7800 version!

Edited by SoundGammon

Looks like a new listing is up but from the sounds of it, its got a $500 reserve. The one sentence is hilarious. This guy's a real peach

And if your thinking wow 500 is a lot well I'm sorry for your loss I should charge more you won't find this brand new this is one of the very first Ataris ever so of you can find it good luck.

Sure buddy, it's MY loss. Sounds like's he's all but admitting that it's grossly overpriced. :roll:

EDIT - he's got another listing of a wireless nes zapper but has it listed as the "original" nes zapper. I guess you just can't cure stupid.

Edited by AtariLeaf

I know that eBay prices can get ridiculous sometimes because people have no idea of what it is that they are selling and think something is worth more to a collector but $500? Come on......get real. A prototype that was from Atari might be worth something close to $500 but not this.

Edited by AtariDude

Now he's ended his $1 start with reserve auction and has it at $400 BIN.  I think he should have stuck with the reserve auction so he could judge how much it can actually sell for.  Or maybe he thinks some sucker will eventually come along and pay $400.

That's like the fourth time he's changed the auction.

I can understand as a seller that you would obviously want to sell an item for as much as you possibly can however he has not learned that one of the ways that you drive a frenzy is to get people to bid against each other. Thus you start an auction with a low starting bid of say $1 but leave a reserve price that you keep hidden. If nothing else, you get a perception as to the kind of price that someone might be willing to pay for it. Having it start at a high price point or too high a reserve price where people can see it will drive people away from it.

Edited by AtariDude

Seller doesn't know what he's talking about and can't substantiate claims that it's new, never used, never opened and never dropped. He has no way of knowing that.

He's just reading stuff off the box, and he can't even get that straight.

But he thinks it's worth $400?! I have a very good looking and perfectly working XEGS that cost a hell of a lot less than $400. (try less than $100)

P.S. to AtariAge members who might think of buying this - Keep in mind, this seller thinks you're a "tard."

Show him who the "tard" is - don't buy it!

And as I read his description, not only are there 100 built-in games, but I can hook it up to my TV -or- to a computer to play it! So... how does an XEGS hook up to a modern PC to be played on the PC? Explain that one to me. ;)

And "one of the first Ataris ever." Uhm, no, it's one of the LAST Ataris. Geez.

Edited by Brian R.