IGNORED

Gamester81 Colecovision Game!

RelliK111

Cool, but am I correct in that the only boxed editions are at $60 and $500?

It looks that way. For a moment I thought that the next one with T-shirt and poster included box, but noooo...

I think I prefer a $60 edition, just in case I want to sell it in the future, it would be very difficult to sold something that has you name in...

yeah I don't really understand why the other choices wouldn't have a box. So you pay more than 60 bucks and don't get a box?

But considering they specifically said box for the 60 and 500, I would have to assume it is true.

I also don't really know how this things work maybe they are able to change and add different ones as the thing goes along?

The other thing I don't get is they have all those things like shirts and other things that I would think nobody would care about but no choice for a rom. Since your doing a pre order where you are not going to deliver to january I would think you could make a $20 option for a rom and see how popular that option is actually going to be. You could do the same thing and put people's name in it so if something gets out there you know who screwed you over.

Also I wouldn't worry about a name in the game as messing up your resale value. I have games from Daniel from back in the day with signed copies to specific names and it still cost me good money to get them. :)

• Like 1

yeah I don't really understand why the other choices wouldn't have a box. So you pay more than 60 bucks and don't get a box?

But considering they specifically said box for the 60 and 500, I would have to assume it is true.

I also don't really know how this things work maybe they are able to change and add different ones as the thing goes along?

The other thing I don't get is they have all those things like shirts and other things that I would think nobody would care about but no choice for a rom. Since your doing a pre order where you are not going to deliver to january I would think you could make a $20 option for a rom and see how popular that option is actually going to be. You could do the same thing and put people's name in it so if something gets out there you know who screwed you over.

Also I wouldn't worry about a name in the game as messing up your resale value. I have games from Daniel from back in the day with signed copies to specific names and it still cost me good money to get them. :)

I'm assuming that there is no ROM release as they're planning to sell the game after the crowd funding has been done? At least that's the way I read it! You'll also notice it says exclusively available at atari2600.com which I think backs up my theory?? Also the red cart label is unlimited in this offer, but will be different to the version released after this deal!

I'm assuming that there is no ROM release as they're planning to sell the game after the crowd funding has been done? At least that's the way I read it! You'll also notice it says exclusively available at atari2600.com which I think backs up my theory?? Also the red cart label is unlimited in this offer, but will be different to the version released after this deal!

True I guess I forgot about that. Although I guess you wouldn't get as much funding if everyone is like I want a box and instructions and they are all gone so I won't choose the other options I will just wait for it to come to the website.

True doesn't belong here. Maybe have a mod move it to the colecovision forum.

Because they're mentioned in the video??? Surely that's reason enough to be here? Anyhoo, I would like a silver cart version, but it's pretty pointless without a box for it! Surely if they're making gold boxes for that version, boxes for the silver wouldn't be that hard to include??

Because they're mentioned in the video??? Surely that's reason enough to be here? Anyhoo, I would like a silver cart version, but it's pretty pointless without a box for it! Surely if they're making gold boxes for that version, boxes for the silver wouldn't be that hard to include??

Really? I did not watch the whole video

Thanks gamester81 and Joe if you guys are reading this :)

Thanks for all the friendly comments regarding our new ColecoVision video game Gamester81:The Video Game. Several of the questions asked within the forum have already been answered correctly, but I'll just reiterate so there is no confusion.

All information about the game is presented in one place, our Indiegogo.com crowd funding website page located here:

Gamester81: The Video Game

The silver cased cartridges will include your name in text on the title screen of the game. They do not include a box or game instruction manual. The decision to not include a box was based on production cost and conflict with the other boxed products: the boxed game for $60, and the Gold edition for $500.

We chose to not include a funding tier for a game ROM for largly the same reason. Gamester81 is a tangible collectible, something you can hold in your hand. A ROM file doesn't convey the nature of the project and would also diminish sales of the game cartridges or other items. We have included delivery of the ROM file for free to all purchasers of one the video games if we reach our stretch goal of $20,000. Details on this stretch goal, and others are on the indiegogo website link provided above.

Joe Cody

Atari2600.com