IGNORED

Gamester81 Colecovision Game!

RelliK111

Okay, so let me get this straight: All 50 copies (at the 60$ pledge level) are now spoken for, and no more copies will be made beyond this?

I learned about this game this morning, I barely had time to watch a portion of the video before leaving for work so I didn't have time to place a pledge, and I was away from any internet-connected computer all day long. I return home around 5:30 PM, and all 50 copies are gone. This is frustrating to say the least.

This makes me glad that I don't work this way with my own Team Pixelboy publishing label. I don't take pre-orders, and I make enough copies to satisfy most (if not all) of the demand, so everyone gets an equal chance to own my games.

• Like 5

PixelBoy... it sounds like Atari2600.com will have this game available for purchase after this initial Indiegogo campaign, but this post-Indiegogo package will have some differences such as the cart shell color. Well, I'm hoping that is the case as I missed out on the $60 tier CIB as well and don't think I want to go the $500 route to get a version with a box... although I would seriously consider it if the PostCard, Poster, Polo Shirt, Proto version in cart or rom image format were included as well.

I thought that you were a sponsor of it... *sigh* my mind read Retroillucid where it says RelliK111... well, both start with 'Re' :D

I was not even aware of this! :?

I had a call from Toby at 4pm to tell me we are responsible from the printing materials

.... And I will NOT get a copy of it!

Geez! i used to be more friendly when it comes to those things, usually.....

well, no copy of the game for me apparently

Edited by retroillucid

We chose to not include a funding tier for a game ROM for largly the same reason. Gamester81 is a tangible collectible, something you can hold in your hand. A ROM file doesn't convey the nature of the project and would also diminish sales of the game cartridges or other items. We have included delivery of the ROM file for free to all purchasers of one the video games if we reach our stretch goal of $20,000. Details on this stretch goal, and others are on the indiegogo website link provided above.

One thing to note is that Gamester81 has responded to comments on the announcement video saying that buyers of the Silver/Gold editions could obtain a ROM so they can keep the cart sealed and still enjoy the game.

I see game mechanics from one of your previous game, Youki ;) :)

You saw it as well. ;-) So this would make the second "hack" of a previous Homebrew release this year although this one is really beautifully done and adds a lot of extras to the gameplay... plus the storyline and all the extras involved are really great.

You saw it as well. ;-) So this would make the second "hack" of a previous Homebrew release this year although this one is really beautifully done and adds a lot of extras to the gameplay... plus the storyline and all the extras involved are really great.

Yeah, but the hack has been made by the original author of the game at least

• Like 1

It is a little more than a just a Hack. But , that 's right it re-use the same engine (improved) than my other game. They didn't have the budget for a full new game so i proposed to reduce cost to re-use a game engine i had already. More or Less what is done in the industry nowaday you have tons of game that share the same engine. :)

But i'm not involved in the campaign and all that stuff. i just made the code and graphism.

The thing i don't understand really well, it is i thought also that Collectorvision was publishing it. It is not the case?

As far i understand, only the boxed version are limited in quantities. The cartridge release without boxes is not limited and not very expensive. It is good to have the possibility to have the game without box and not limited.