IGNORED

Best Spider-Man game?

cimerians

Anyone have a favorite?

I'm looking to play one and I'll even go back to the 16 bit era to play through a game. I just never have played too many of them since in the old days most superhero games weren't that great.

Games I played:

Spider-Man PS1\Dreamcast

Spider-Man 1(film): PS2\Xbox

SM: Friend or Foe

SM: Web of Shadows

I heard Spiderman 2(film) PS2\Xbox is a good one since it's open world etc. Does it still hold up today?

I remember the Sega arcade game Spider Man..I thought it was pretty cool. Black Cat was in it and I think Hawkeye:

Screenshot-spider-man-arcade-thevideogam

That arcade game was pretty good, yeah. SM2 on Xbox is fun, has the best combat of the open-world games, but there are only so many missions & they get repetitive. You better like hearing Niecy Nash yell while you collect balloons, because you'll do a lot of that.

My favorites are the old MS-DOS game "The Amazing Spider-Man", and Spider-Man 1 and 2 on PS1. Play the converted European release of Spider-Man 2 on PS1 if you can; you get to wreck the trade center towers in a boss fight. They modified them in the US release so they wouldn't be recognizable.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Gold Edition for the 360. It's not specifically a Spiderman game, but you can definitely make it one depending on how you build your team. Several of Spidey's enemies turn up throughout the game as bosses too. I can think of Mysterio, Shocker, Rhino, and Arcade just off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not too "retro," but the best Spider-Man game, in my opinion, is Spider-Man 2 for the PS2.

It had an open-ended game style, like Grand Theft Auto, where you run around the city picking up missions to advance the story. However, the coup de grace, the brilliancy of the entire endeavor, was that you could swing on your webs thought the entire city!

I loved that game, and spent many hours just diving off the top of skyscrapers, and throwing a web at the last minute before hitting ground, and just flip and roll through the streets of Manhattan with style. That was awesome!

I haven't encountered another Spider-Man game that offers the same intuitive and fun control mechanism that makes it feel so realistic. Spinning webs, climbing buildings, performing aerobatics through the city is what I always imagined being Spider-Man should feel like.

Plus the game had Bruce Campbell as the snarky narrator, and Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker. You can't go wrong with that!

dZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93iLSNQpUi8

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one? :)

282323-spider-man-odyssey-2-screenshot-n

It seems Spider Man 2 on PS2\Xbox gets a ton of votes on the webs.

I tried SpiderMan on PC MS-DOS like Rex Dart mentioned. It's actually a pretty good puzzle platformer but the controls need to be gotten used to.

Yes, That one!!! It has never been released i think , but i have it on my Odyssey 2 multicart.