IGNORED

[Closed]

MrFish

http://aukro.cz/atari-130-xe-dataset-xc12-s-t2000-6kazet-zdr-i3585972079.html

500kc - 26$ please... back to the reality pleeeease 50-60$ max

That auction is for a weathered 130XE, which also has functional keyboard problems, and a similarly abused XC12, for starters. The XF551, which looks like it's been sitting in the sun for 20 years, just happens to be pictured there and is not even part of the auction, as stated by the seller in the text at the bottom: Google Translated - English Version (Note: It's necessary to press the "Stop Loading" button on your browser in order to be able to scroll down and read the text at the bottom, otherwise the page keeps loading and resets the scroll back to the top of the page over and over -- at least in FireFox that's the case.)

Best Electronics sells new XF551's, which do not include a box, but only come with the foam inserts for $250 + shipping. It says they sell used boxes, but I have no idea how much they go for. Their reconditioned units sell for $175 + shipping and do not come with a box or foam inserts: Best Electronics - 8-Bit Drives

I researched the drive prices on eBay about a month or so ago, and the auctions I researched at that time are no longer available. Currently the closest tested, sold item I can find went for $125 + $23.77 shipping, for a drive and box that had a fair amount of physical wear and tear: XF551 In Box

The other somewhat less relevant auctions are:

an untested, half-way decent physical condition drive for $96 + $30 shipping: ATARI XF551 Disk Drive + Box + 1 Cable

and a non-working unit with a not so great box for $53.56 + $25 shipping: XF551 Floppy Disk Drive 5.25" With Original Box Foam

This is "the reality"... here on planet earth.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 3