IGNORED

Piñata (2600)

Cybearg

I finally found an artist to make me a label. Now with college coming to a close and the label made, I'm discussing the details for publication with Al.

How is the label coming? (Nudge, nudge). (Can you tell how badly I want this in the store?! :D)

Yeah! Still 5 games, right?

Fix-It Felix Sr. is on here, correct?

Does that white fist represent Fix-It Felix Sr.???

(Jealous you enhanced it with AtariVox. :). I still need to finish speech for the Wizard Of War AtariVox hack!)

Yes, it's on there, although, under advisement from Al, I've renamed it to Fixer Fenix, Sr. in order to curtail potential copyright issues (this is Disney we're talking about, after all). As for the front cover, Fixer Fenix isn't represented on it to avoid copyright issues, but I'll make up for that with the manual!

^^Is that for speech or save data only? I've got an AtariVox and I'm dying to play more homebrews that use the voice chip.

Sorry, it's save only. There is literally no room for any game to have a speech component--every game squeezes every byte out just for gameplay and features!

Edited by Cybearg

Will this be going to the AtariAge store or sold here in this thread? Any idea of when?

Al may correct me, but I think it will be on the AtariAge store. As for when, the game is going through its final round of testing and I'm just finishing up the manual design, so I'd say it should be ready on my end within the week (or so I hope). It may take longer for Al.

This is a great cartridge of games. Definitely some of my favorite from 2013. Have you started any new games yet? I look forward to what you come up with.

-mike

I have some ideas. I'd still like to create some kind of proper action, adventure, or RPG game for the 2600 before moving on to 7800basic and making some stuff for the 7800. Lots of ideas, but right now I'm very pressed for time as graduation is in May and then I will be finding a full-time job. I want to get this all finished before graduation, just in case I am unable to get back to it.

• 2 months later...

Presumably. I dunno when the new shells will be ready and I don't know when Albert will update the AA store. Last year by this time we had Halo 2600 rereleased as well as Princess Rescue. There have been literally no updates in the AA store since last fall despite numerous homebrews completed and in some cases with boxes and manuals printed and ready to ship.

Good things do come to those who wait, but we've been waiting for some time now... :sleep:

looks terrific with the classic shell :thumbsup: not sure how silver label on white cart would do ....... perhaps the "AA-Blue" embossed with sites logo

These are just prototype cartridges that were printed on a 3D printer. The actual cartridges will be black (and I will investigate getting other cartridge colors, but mostly they will be black).

..Al

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

To inform everyone, Pinata has been taken out of production. Unfortunately, professional concerns over some of Pinata's content has compelled me to ask Al to discontinue sales.

I've uploaded the latest version of the ROMs as well as a PDF of the manual to this topic's first post. I kept the 1.0.5 ROMs on the first post as well, in case people prefer playing the pre-cart versions of the games (there were some significant modifications to some of the games).

Hopefully everyone who wanted a cartridge got one already. Thank you to everyone for your support. :)

• Like 1