IGNORED

Piñata (2600)

Cybearg

To inform everyone, Pinata has been taken out of production. Unfortunately, professional concerns over some of Pinata's content has compelled me to ask Al to discontinue sales.

I've uploaded the latest version of the ROMs as well as a PDF of the manual to this topic's first post. I kept the 1.0.5 ROMs on the first post as well, in case people prefer playing the pre-cart versions of the games (there were some significant modifications to some of the games).

Hopefully everyone who wanted a cartridge got one already. Thank you to everyone for your support. :)

bummer if i would have know beforehand i would have ordered my copy :-(

• Like 1

To inform everyone, Pinata has been taken out of production. Unfortunately, professional concerns over some of Pinata's content has compelled me to ask Al to discontinue sales.

I've uploaded the latest version of the ROMs as well as a PDF of the manual to this topic's first post. I kept the 1.0.5 ROMs on the first post as well, in case people prefer playing the pre-cart versions of the games (there were some significant modifications to some of the games).

Hopefully everyone who wanted a cartridge got one already. Thank you to everyone for your support. :)

Nnooo... :_( Well I did snag a copy last December at least! ;-)

This wouldn't have anything to do with your Fix-It-Felix port, does it? It plays very well for an Atari game.

I also have a gorgeous 16-bit homebrew arcade port of this game on Genesis cart made by Drag00n of NintendoAge/SegaAge.

Sad times; that's two AA games I own now that got pulled from production, including the wonderful Supa Merry-O er Princess Rescue. :P

Edited by stardust4ever

I also have a gorgeous 16-bit homebrew arcade port of this game on Genesis cart made by Drag00n of NintendoAge/SegaAge.

Sad times; that's two AA games I own now that got pulled from production, including the wonderful Supa Merry-O er Princess Rescue. :P

Isn't that Genesis cartridge awesome? That is the only homebrew game I own for that system, plus a Mega Everdrive.

I can't wait for the halted runs of DK VCS and DK Arcade 2600, and maybe my FLAPPY although I made a more playable game ActiVision-style and not a cloned port.

Why do the Intellivision and 7800 and ColecoVision get more perfect DK, and the oldest Atari VCS version will most likely be stopped?!?!

Isn't that Genesis cartridge awesome?

Yes it is! :D

Any DK related release had better be snatched up quickly though. I would love a DK XM with Pokey included for stock 7800 systems. I suppose it would be safer for established members to do runs on certain themed homebrew rather than Albert put them up in the AA store. The first DK game to get released will be recalled and any other DK homebrews developed will simply miss the boat. :sad:

Edited by stardust4ever

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to playing the Pinata cart (AA store) last night. Yes, I've got tons of backloggery. It's indeed unfortunate that the release got pulled for whatever reason, but I respect that decision regardless, voluntary or not.

Anyway I plugged the cart into my 7800 console, and it always boots to Flipside. At first I thought Albert may have burned the wrong game, but then I pressed the exit hotkey (start+select) which reverts to the menu screen. I have not yet tested it on my 4-switch 2600 as the 7800 was what I had plugged in at the time.

My best guess is perhaps the system is booting to the wrong/random bank as determined by the mapper chip's metastable state upon startup. I'm assuming the homebrews are 4k each, and stored independantly in different banks.

I just thought I'd share this in case anyone else observed this odd behavior on physical carts.

Edited by stardust4ever

• 3 years later...

I just started playing Flipside; really love the controls and frantic action. I'm having difficulty understanding the mechanics/scoring though... When do you get the 10 points for "defeating" your opponent? When you run over him without stealing an orb? If you are both running, who gets the 10 points? Similarly when both players are moving and run over each other, who gets the orb transfer?

Thanks...

Edited by doug0909

I just started playing Flipside; really love the controls and frantic action. I'm having difficulty understanding the mechanics/scoring though... When do you get the 10 points for "defeating" your opponent? When you run over him without stealing an orb? If you are both running, who gets the 10 points? Similarly when both players are moving and run over each other, who gets the orb transfer?

Thanks...

I hope you get an answer.

Just a comment about the Developer Cybearg. He hasn’t visited AtariAge in the last 8 months.

I miss his work. I would be thinking of how to do a Fix It game with the 2600, and that same month he surprises us with a playable game. That title, which may upset the intellectual property holders, was why he chose to remove his game compilation cart from the store, but generously shared his games so anyone can play them.

He was the type of member that quickly grasped batari Basic, understood the Atari 2600 7 “objects” to work with and generally how they work, thought of creative ways to use what’s available and created many, many excellent games very, very quickly. Then goes silent.

It’s nobody’s business why. Could be he was enjoying reading and playing other memeber’s project, real life things, started a large project he wants to make spectacular, moved on to other gaming consoles, etc.

• Like 2

I hope you get an answer.

Just a comment about the Developer Cybearg. He hasn’t visited AtariAge in the last 8 months.

I miss his work. I would be thinking of how to do a Fix It game with the 2600, and that same month he surprises us with a playable game. That title, which may upset the intellectual property holders, was why he chose to remove his game compilation cart from the store, but generously shared his games so anyone can play them.

He was they type of member that quickly grasped batari Basic, understood the Atari 2600 7 “objects” to work with and generally how they work, thought of creative ways to use what’s available and created many, many excellent games very, very quickly. Then goes silent.

It’s nobody’s business why. Could be he was enjoying reading and playing other memeber’s project, real life things, started a large project he wants to make spectacular, moved on to other gaming consoles, etc.

Yes, a number of people have came and went. I kinda wish Ken Siders had made more than two 7800 games. His Beefdrop and B*nq arcade ports were every bit as good as many of Bobs homebrews.

And if you're a fan of Fix it Felix, there's a guy (NA member Dra600n) who did a wonderful "Get Em Gary" port for the NES. He also once coded a straight Fix It Felix homebrew for the Genesis which I also own.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

And if you're a fan of Fix it Felix, there's a guy (NA member Dra600n) who did a wonderful "Get Em Gary" port for the NES. He also once coded a straight Fix It Felix homebrew for the Genesis which I also own.

Adam is a great guy and makes some really top-shelf games! The Genesis version is outstanding(Fix it Felix), & I just ordered his NES game (Get Em Gary) and his Genesis (Handy Harvy) game. Also, if you like SNES platformers, Socks the Cat(Bill Clinton's Car) is also available and is a very good game!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heya Cybearg, we'll be featuring Piñata LIVE on tomorrow's ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT/9PM ET! I hope you can make it to watch the stream!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Other Games:

- Air Taxi (Early WIP) (2017) by Kylearan

EDIT: Here's the YouTube archive of the stream!

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 1

:-o Wow :-o Totally missed out on this, but my thanks to Cybearg for making the ROMs and manual available to the community. :thumbsup:

• Like 1