IGNORED

IXION Manual, Poster and Magnet

Albert

Here are some photos of the IXION manual, magnet, and poster that are to be included with the game. The poster is the same size as the poster we included for Boulder Dash: 10" x 14", and will be included in the box. The manual was done very much in the style of Sega's original manuals, up to the somewhat poor color choices they used. And we even went with an accordion-style manual to further mimic Sega's style.

ixion_materials_1.jpg

ixion_materials_2.jpg

ixion_materials_3.jpg

IXION will be released at the Retro Gaming Expo next weekend. It'll be available in the AtariAge Store afterward in boxed form, with the game itself in a Sega cartridge shell. I'll post photos of the complete package as soon as I'm able. :)

..Al

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a couple of pictures of one of the rejected inserts... if I remember right, we let the plastic sheet get too melty before doing the vacuum form on this batch. I've attached both with and without cart views. For the Sega style carts, the cartridge ridges extend out just beyond the plastic well.

post-238-0-13078700-1382501936_thumb.jpg

post-238-0-10770400-1382501947_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here's a couple of pictures of one of the rejected inserts... if I remember right, we let the plastic sheet get too melty before doing the vacuum form on this batch. I've attached both with and without cart views. For the Sega style carts, the cartridge ridges extend out just beyond the plastic well.

Super cool! Will these be used for just this release, or for all future boxed games?

I think that's for Albert to decide... this was a special design to accommodate the Sega carts, but it could handle regular ones too since it gives you a nice area to grip the cart by when opening the box. We've got to tune the production process a little before doing another run -- the manual cutting of the plastic from the sheets was a bit of a chore.