IGNORED

Loading RXB into P-GRAM+

aftyde

Hi All,

I have a P-GRAM+ card that I've just revived and was wondering if anyone has been able to get RXB working with it and how? When I use the P-Gram+ software to save a cart, it saves up to 5 files

GRAM 3

GRAM 4

GRAM 5

GRAM 6

GRAM 7

and up to two RAM banks...

RAM Bank 1

RAM Bank 2

So, if I try to load Extended Basic, it loads.... (in this order)

RAM Bank 2

RAM Bank 1

GRAM 6

GRAM 5

GRAM 4

GRAM 3

I've looked at the P-Gram+ docs here but seem to lack the TI expertise to figure out which RXB files to map to which PGRAM files. The PGRAM files are unhelpfully organized... for example, extended basic saves (meaning, I used PGRAM to save the cart to disk) as...

EB

EB1

EB2

EB3

EB4

EB5

All are 9K files.

Frustrating... :)

• Like 1

A alternate method is to compile RXB from scratch using the Source files I included in RXB 2012.

My GPLHOW2 demos show how to use all the tools I use.

And some of the Youtube videos I have posted explain how to run each one individually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V2s_nL9NyI

I should have added this also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaO_GRoaDV4

Edited by RXB

Hi All, I have a P-GRAM+ card that I've just revived and was wondering if anyone has been able to get RXB working with it and how? When I use the P-Gram+ software to save a cart, it saves up to 5 files GRAM 3 GRAM 4 GRAM 5 GRAM 6 GRAM 7 and up to two RAM banks... RAM Bank 1 RAM Bank 2 So, if I try to load Extended Basic, it loads.... (in this order) RAM Bank 2 RAM Bank 1 GRAM 6 GRAM 5 GRAM 4 GRAM 3 I've looked at the P-Gram+ docs here but seem to lack the TI expertise to figure out which RXB files to map to which PGRAM files. The PGRAM files are unhelpfully organized... for example, extended basic saves (meaning, I used PGRAM to save the cart to disk) as... EB EB1 EB2 EB3 EB4 EB5 All are 9K files. Frustrating... :)

It's not real clear what exactly the problem is you're having. The files should load as-is.

Do the files you have not have the proper headers? If that's the case, look at the Pgram manual pages 31 and 32. Add the proper headers if they're not there.

Gazoo

Apologies - I don't know which RXB files to load, or how to load them. I'm hoping someone who has RXB working on a P-GRAM+ card can respond and tell me how they did it. I am familiar with that section of the manual but lack the skills to know how to modify the RXB binaries. It's been 32 years since I was down and dirty with the TI - and even then I was limited to Extended Basic and some compiling / basic assembly.

Even if I were able to compile it - loading it in the context of the P-GRAM card is way beyond my abilities. (at the moment)

Cheers, Arthur...

It's not real clear what exactly the problem is you're having. The files should load as-is.

Do the files you have not have the proper headers? If that's the case, look at the Pgram manual pages 31 and 32. Add the proper headers if they're not there.

Gazoo

As Gazoo said and the videos on Youtube I posted shows other ways to check the header and how to edit them.

The file order that RXB loads are:

Address = Filename

---------------------------------

ROM Page 0 = RXB

ROM page 1 = RXB1

GRAM bank 7 = RXB2

GRAM bank 6 = RXB3

GRAM bank 5 = RXB4

GRAM bank 4 = RXB5

GRAM bank 3 = RXB6

I am including a copy of RXB with the ROMs and GROMs that load in the order you see above.

(works for all GRAM devices ever made as all use the GRAM Kracker format)

Rich

RXB ZIP.zip

Edited by RXB