IGNORED

New Pac-Man preorder with Pac-Man Figurine

Eltigro

Sounds like there are different figures?

Yeah, I didn't take that long to look at them all, but I saw what looked like two different yellow Pac-Man figures, and one that looked kind of transparent blue... like he was made of ice or something? I haven't really looked into the game any, so I don't know what kind of game play there is, but my first thought from looking at that figurine was that maybe there's special pellets that change him into different things like Mario has with the different hats/suits.

Yeah, I didn't take that long to look at them all, but I saw what looked like two different yellow Pac-Man figures, and one that looked kind of transparent blue... like he was made of ice or something? I haven't really looked into the game any, so I don't know what kind of game play there is, but my first thought from looking at that figurine was that maybe there's special pellets that change him into different things like Mario has with the different hats/suits.

From the Wikipedia entry on the stupid new cartoon:

He can eat ghosts just like the legendary Yellow Ones did back in ancient times. With the power of the berries (which are similar to Power Pellets) from the Tree of Life, he gains helpful abilities like being able to fly, breathe ice, fire, and chrome, etc.

Just a heads up, these figures are the same six that Bandai just released through Toys R Us among other retailers at $10 for a three pack. So, it's much cheaper to just buy all six for $1 each through the Target preorder. As others noted, Target doesn't take down any info or limit purchases, so you can get the whole set very easily if you're so inclined.

I got Pac and Metal Pac today. Gonna run out tomorrow and try and find some of the others.

Thanks for the pics Eltigro! One thing I've noticed. All the ones found so far have been WiiU and 3DS.

Will they also have PS3 and 360? I would actually pick up the pre-order on the 360!

I happened to be in Target over the weekend and was able to pick up all 6 figures. 3 of them were for Wii U pre-order and 3 were for 3DS pre-order. Not sure if all 6 are available for each system or if you have to mix & match systems to get all 6.

Hehehehe... clerk pointed out I had two different systems on the figures and I said " I realize that". He then looked at me and said "You are going to buy all these games????".... I said "Nope, just collecting these figures" He replied "Oh". He proceeded to ring me up with a most puzzled look on his face and I left.

I bought all six myself today at an out of the way Target. This is the very first time I ever bought a "Preorder" for a game. In honesty I only wanted the figurine set too, so I paid cash so they would not have my Credit card on file with obligation to buy the game. Silly me, there is really not an obligation to buy the game. All Target does is set aside the preorder games for customers to bring back their preorder reserve receipt.

The individual pieces are a Target exclusive and will be pulled off the shelves SEVEN DAYS BEFORE THE GAMES COME OUT. icon_eek.gif

icon_exclaim.gif 10/22/13 for WiiU - 11/19/13 for 3DS icon_exclaim.gif

These are not Skylanders or Disney RFI chipped figurines, or at least I do not think they are. Bought for the Pacman novelty, certainly would be harder to find then Activision's figurines later on.

A collector's dilemma, should I have gotten all six with the 3DS logo or WiiU Logo or bought twelve total? Since there were only three WiiU varieties left on the shelf, fate decided on which figurine would have the blue logo and which would have the red.

$1.00 - 3DS Figurine PAC
$1.00 - 3DS Figurine CYLINDRIA
$1.00 - 3DS Figurine PAC'S PAL SPIRAL
$1.00 - WIIU Figurine THE PAC
$1.00 - WIIU Figurine ICE PAC
$1.00 - WIIU Figurine METAL PAC

I suspect the WiiU versions will be more collectable
Partly because the console has lower sales and also that the WiiU preorder figurines will be removed from the shelves about a month earlier.

Once the Pacman Ghost Adventure 3DS-WiiU games do come out, Target is offering a five dollar gift card with each purchase, but only to those that have preordered. At least I have both ends covered if I do end up buying either and six bucks non taxed is a great deal for a set of Pacman figurines. icon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by CRTGAMER