IGNORED

something new... GTIABlast! 5200 WIP for Ultimate SD cart

playsoft

WOW!! This is fantastic. You could make a couple of different games out of this. Also I think you could make a better version of Xevious out of this as well.

Looking forward to seeing a finished game.

Allan

Thanks Alan. It's all about getting the building blocks in place at the moment and there are still some major things to address, but it will get there eventually.

Paul

I can't get ab5200.hyb to run in Atari800WinPLus 4.0. What do I have to do?

Thank you, Chris

Hi Chris, I don't think the emulator supports this format but I will be releasing an identical 8-bit version soon (tonight if I have time) which is in Atarimax 8Mbit Flashmax cart format. This runs on Altirra but I have not checked Atari800WinPLus but I think it should work - will check and let you know.

Paul

Stuck this on the SD Cart, and I cannot believe this is a 5200 game! Granted it utilizes the Atarimax bank-switching, but still I'm flabbergasted. Amazing work! Screen scrolling/multiple background layers, music. Can't believe it.

Did you say this worked on Altirra? What mapper/mode/settings are needed for that?

Stuck this on the SD Cart, and I cannot believe this is a 5200 game! Granted it utilizes the Atarimax bank-switching, but still I'm flabbergasted. Amazing work! Screen scrolling/multiple background layers, music. Can't believe it.

Did you say this worked on Altirra? What mapper/mode/settings are needed for that?

Thank you. This version does not work on Altirra, but I will release an identical version for the 8-bit computers tomorrow which does.

How about a (NTSC) disk version that loads into extended RAM? All of us Incognito and U1M owners would love it :)

Well this did start out as being disk based but when the decision was made to support the 5200 it became Atarimax Ultimate SD (5200) and Flashmax 8Mbit (8-bit) as I can build these from the same source code with minor differences. I am not familiar with how the U1M works but presume it must be bank switching in which case this is a possibility although I'd probably want to do it afterwards rather than develop 3 variants simultaneously.

It's (selectable) 320K RAMbo, 576K CompyShop, 1088K RAMbo (1M ext.) XE bank compatible. I haven't yet found out if it supports separate ANTIC banks, though.

We can load an .ATR, or the executable directly (and quickly) from CF Card.

GTIABlast is an awesome game.

I volunteer to be a beta-tester :)

Edited by Kyle22

I volunteer to be a beta-tester :)

Deal! For getting it running on the U1M - I've still got a lot to do before any work will begin on making it playable.

I've looked up the RAMbo and CompyShop schemes (in the excellent Altirra h/w manual) and I think I can support this without any major changes. I've got a few other things to do first, but will message you when I have something to test.

Cheers,

Paul

Deal! For getting it running on the U1M - I've still got a lot to do before any work will begin on making it playable.

I've looked up the RAMbo and CompyShop schemes (in the excellent Altirra h/w manual) and I think I can support this without any major changes. I've got a few other things to do first, but will message you when I have something to test.

Cheers,

Paul

i will surely help with ultimate 1mb conversion to A8 disk file

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Bumping this since I played it last night and was wondering if there was any progress in making this a game vs. an awesome tech demo.

Work is very much continuing on this project - it is hopeful that just maybe it will be in it's final home stretch from around July?

Even this is just a wild guess...

There has been a reluctance to release any more general public demos - so as to keep enough surprises in reserve for the

final version/release. It probably won't go through extensive playtesting - but hopefully adequate enough - so that it will be playable.

The intention was always to make this a game.

If you want something to play in the meantime - I'll suggest giving Hawkquest a go... While this is PAL only - there is nothing else quite like it, out there...

Everyone should have access to a PC laptop or whatever.. and Altirra...

Harvey

• 5 months later...

There will be two versions on the 8-bit computer. One will run on a 16K machine from a MaxFlash 1MByte cart. The other version will run on a machine supporting the Rambo 1088K memory expansion. Both of those use different bank switching schemes, 8K banks on the MaxFlash and 16K banks on the Rambo. So if Al can come up with a 1MByte bank switching cart for the 5200 I should be able to support it easily enough. Have to get it finished first though...

• Like 4

There will be two versions on the 8-bit computer. One will run on a 16K machine from a MaxFlash 1MByte cart. The other version will run on a machine supporting the Rambo 1088K memory expansion. Both of those use different bank switching schemes, 8K banks on the MaxFlash and 16K banks on the Rambo. So if Al can come up with a 1MByte bank switching cart for the 5200 I should be able to support it easily enough. Have to get it finished first though...

Isn't 576K ROM the top 5200 cartridge size developed so far? [for the M.U.L.E. cartridge].