IGNORED

Hover Bovver Boxes & Overlays

If you think 40 for one box is outrageous.....you should try paying $4000.

Seriously, 100 sets.....$40 is the price of admission.

Includes

1 x assembled box

1 x unassembled box

4 x Hover Bovver Overlays

I put these things together. It involves labour. If you don't want to pay that, really, I respect that. But, don't try to say I'm being unreasonable.

You paid a lot of money for the boxes and instead of selling them you want to destroy them. Sorry, but that is pretty unreasonable :lolblue:

If I were you I would gift them away, may by random, to early buyers of future release. But okay, I get your point why you dont want to gift them away and I dont share your opinion, but I can understand it. What I cant get is why you prefer to destroy them instead of starting to sell them seperately. I dont know how many people would take a single box, but everyone would bring you 20$ in your money bag. Its a bit weird that you are complaining about losing money so often, but you refuse even to try to get some money back.

But that is not the point for me right now, the biggest point is that you are may (hopefully not) going to show pictures of destroyed Intellivision boxes in this forum. This is something I dont have any comprehansion for.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 3

I have balanced the cost of boxes vs number of boxes in circulation to make them 'rare' and 'collectible' and came up with 100 sets at 40 dollars. It is the price of admission. If you really wanted one, you would pay it. If you wanted to go in with another collector from Germany, and each take one, you are free to do so. Nobody is stopping you.

I am not 'complaining about losing money and refusing to try and get some money back'. In fact, I have a plan to get the money back. It involves economics. Supply versus demand. It really is plain and simple. I am sorry that you want the boxes, but don't want to pay my price. I know that there are a few people who will be in your shoes. Don't complain....make your choice. Yes, or no.

This entire exercise, from start to finish is just giving me grief. 72 sales to go and I won't have to listen to this any more.

I have balanced the cost of boxes vs number of boxes in circulation to make them 'rare' and 'collectible' and came up with 100 sets at 40 dollars. It is the price of admission. If you really wanted one, you would pay it. If you wanted to go in with another collector from Germany, and each take one, you are free to do so. Nobody is stopping you.

I am not 'complaining about losing money and refusing to try and get some money back'. In fact, I have a plan to get the money back. It involves economics. Supply versus demand. It really is plain and simple. I am sorry that you want the boxes, but don't want to pay my price. I know that there are a few people who will be in your shoes. Don't complain....make your choice. Yes, or no.

This entire exercise, from start to finish is just giving me grief. 72 sales to go and I won't have to listen to this any more.

Artificial or manufactured scarcity is not really part of economics. I'm just saying, no disrespect intended.

I understand your position, but it seems that you could have gone a long way closer to recouping your loses by selling the lot of them, rather than trying to manufacture a "collector's item" after the fact, which seems to rub some people the wrong way.

Just think about not destroying them, they are still a collector's item, just like the boxes made for Go For The Gold. Of course, it's your call.

dZ.

• Like 4

I am leaving for Thailand in 3 months.

Anyone who wants to give me 3000 dollars plus shipping for the remaining boxes and refund the existing customers can save them, give them away..... wallpaper their games room with them....or ultimately decide what to do with them. Otherwise, I really don't care about 'artificial scarcity'. I just want my money back so I can put it into games that will actually come out.

If I only printed 200, the costs would be the same. I printed these to have a box for a game I was going to release. I am sure that Alex would not have printed up a bunch more boxes than he did, and hope that he could sell 500 at a lower price, just to do people a favour. He made a judgment call as to what they were 'worth', decided how many he could sell and printed up that number and sold them at his price.....there is no difference to a 'Go For the Gold' box and a "Hover Bovver" box. They both are for games that did not come out.

I disagree that manufactured scarcity is not a part of economics. Companies release 'limited' 'special editions' all of the time. The whole 'homebrew' scene is based on 'manufactured scarcity'. I in general, don't play that game. You can still buy D2K, or Minehunter, etc.

These boxes aren't 'going into the Disney vault' at a certain cut off.....they are being destroyed.

I am leaving for Thailand in 3 months.

Anyone who wants to give me 3000 dollars plus shipping for the remaining boxes and refund the existing customers can save them, give them away..... wallpaper their games room with them....or ultimately decide what to do with them. Otherwise, I really don't care about 'artificial scarcity'. I just want my money back so I can put it into games that will actually come out.

If I only printed 200, the costs would be the same. I printed these to have a box for a game I was going to release. I am sure that Alex would not have printed up a bunch more boxes than he did, and hope that he could sell 500 at a lower price, just to do people a favour. He made a judgment call as to what they were 'worth', decided how many he could sell and printed up that number and sold them at his price.....there is no difference to a 'Go For the Gold' box and a "Hover Bovver" box. They both are for games that did not come out.

I disagree that manufactured scarcity is not a part of economics. Companies release 'limited' 'special editions' all of the time. The whole 'homebrew' scene is based on 'manufactured scarcity'. I in general, don't play that game. You can still buy D2K, or Minehunter, etc.

These boxes aren't 'going into the Disney vault' at a certain cut off.....they are being destroyed.

Which is why I commented earlier on the HUGE risk you took ordering and making this stuff before you had the game in hand. Yes, you gave reasons for it, and they seem valid. But now cause you couldn't work out a deal you're stuck between a rock and a hard place, and I understand people questioning this or being upset. Lesson learned from all this, I hope? :)

• Like 2

Last year or so, some people got a little upset with me for posting pictures of me smashing a R7 atari 2600 cart. I cant remember the game, i think it was some game with a rabbit on the label? LOL, i cant even remember why I did it now.

Point being, it is your property and you can do with it what you want. I guess people have the right to show that they are upset.

I should make a video of me blowing up some poker carts with fireworks! Would anyone be offended? Who cares!

• Like 1

Haha! I found a pic on google of the atari cart i destroyed in 2010. It was a zimag game called I want my mommy.

Someone else was destroying carts or something so i did, it was all for shock. I wish i still had that cart now! Arghhh

For whatever reason the picture was blurry on google images.

post-19433-0-67721500-1381192389.jpg