IGNORED

Hover Bovver Boxes & Overlays

Wanker means 'tosser' (another British slang term) which is very fitting in this situation.

I'd probably use a German insult if I was actually insulting Germans.

I am surprised that you got the boxes so quickly Soulbuster.

I've said all I want to say in this forum about the boxes.

The market will decide how many make it to collections.

Over and out.

• Like 2

This entire exercise, from start to finish is just giving me grief.

You reap what you sow. How you handle the grief is how you are judged as a businessman and member of a community. Your actions define you.

Maybe you have now learned a lesson or two regarding how to act as the professional you claim to be. As I've dabbled in game creation, design and publishing over the years, I can tell you that it's how you handle the problems and how you learn from your mistakes that helps you to go forward. Maybe in future you'll have a better understanding of how to create contracts that are realistic and can work for both parties - to aid this I suggest you obtain a deep understanding of the actual processes, timescales and scheduling in game creation - without this you will never be able to obtain milestones that will suit your needs.

As an outsider looking in, I can tell you that the way you have handled yourself through this whole affair has been nothing short of disastrous. For every quip, insult and curse you've uttered you've further removed yourself from being someone game developers would ever want to work with. It's not that you're a loose cannon, it's that your barrel bends right back between your legs and is pointing squarely at your own rectum. With every shot fired you only seek to further harm yourself and only gain the pats on the back and nods of appreciation from the kind sof people who are not genuinely invested in the community you claim to serve.

People judge others in business, among other ways, by seeing how they work with people to resolve problems and avoid exacerbating them. It's when things don't go to plan that the truly talented and hardest working rise to the occasion. The professional works that much harder to resolve problems. The professional redoubles his efforts when working with someone he develops a dislike for. He doesn't attempt to move goal-posts or rely on mob mentality to win his perceived battles.

For every personal insult and every puerile comment regarding the myriad ways you have concocted to destroy your boxes and overlays you believe you are furthering your cause. You're only further destroying a tarnished image and that last shred of credibility you cling to.

You will forever now be known as a man difficult to work with when things don't quite go to plan. As someone who resorts to petty insults and rabble-rousing when finding themselves in a tricky or weak position either financially or contractually. The only way back now is to address your issues and go forward with more dignity and not just act but be a professional. Do that and you might regain some genuine respect from people who really matter, not the back-patters and hangers-on.

Yes, I will be careful not to deal with wankers in the future. Thanks for pointing that out.

This is an example of how not to conduct yourself in a businessman-like manner. It is why you will now find it harder for people to trust you and your intentions.

Wanker means 'tosser' (another British slang term) which is very fitting in this situation.

A wanker is one who seeks self-pleasure and indulges in self-gratification. If someone was to assess this whole matter from a distance it might seem more apparent to apply it to another party altogether.

I dont think a man who leads a business and claims to be professional should call people in a forum wanker for any reason... insulting people is kindergarten.

Truth.

• Like 6

Point is, this should have all been kept private between the parties concerned. (Please, no "he started it" responses.)

Game should have been announced cancelled and when people start making inquiries the answer should be: "private reasons" or terms like that.

Lots of people whould have said "what a shame", some would have kept on crying a little longer but after that: case closed. This would have been so much to the benefit of everyone involved, including people like me who are just reading about it and think that this whole issue is becomming a smut on the whole Intellivision hobby.

I am not pointing this out as a "coulda woulda shoulda" thing but as the only positive thing about the wole matter: a lesson for the future.

• Like 6

You reap what you sow. How you handle the grief is how you are judged as a businessman and member of a community. Your actions define you.

Maybe you have now learned a lesson or two regarding how to act as the professional you claim to be. As I've dabbled in game creation, design and publishing over the years, I can tell you that it's how you handle the problems and how you learn from your mistakes that helps you to go forward. Maybe in future you'll have a better understanding of how to create contracts that are realistic and can work for both parties - to aid this I suggest you obtain a deep understanding of the actual processes, timescales and scheduling in game creation - without this you will never be able to obtain milestones that will suit your needs.

Some of what you say here is correct, but you "dabbling" in stuff has zero bearing on anything.. and it's not like this is William's first game he's dealt with, not that he knows everything there is to know.

As an outsider looking in, I can tell you that the way you have handled yourself through this whole affair has been nothing short of disastrous. For every quip, insult and curse you've uttered you've further removed yourself from being someone game developers would ever want to work with. It's not that you're a loose cannon, it's that your barrel bends right back between your legs and is pointing squarely at your own rectum. With every shot fired you only seek to further harm yourself and only gain the pats on the back and nods of appreciation from the kind sof people who are not genuinely invested in the community you claim to serve.

That's the problem with being an outsider, you don't know how William has handled himself through "this whole affair". We here have only seen the tail end of this, who knows what went on beforehand? I also don't think, solely based on responses to these Hover Bovver threads, that any developer has been "further removed" other than one. Pats and nods of appreciation from the kinds of people who are not genuinely invested in the community? Way to insult anyone who supports William, or at least can see his point of view in all this.

People judge others in business, among other ways, by seeing how they work with people to resolve problems and avoid exacerbating them. It's when things don't go to plan that the truly talented and hardest working rise to the occasion. The professional works that much harder to resolve problems. The professional redoubles his efforts when working with someone he develops a dislike for. He doesn't attempt to move goal-posts or rely on mob mentality to win his perceived battles.

For every personal insult and every puerile comment regarding the myriad ways you have concocted to destroy your boxes and overlays you believe you are furthering your cause. You're only further destroying a tarnished image and that last shred of credibility you cling to.

You will forever now be known as a man difficult to work with when things don't quite go to plan. As someone who resorts to petty insults and rabble-rousing when finding themselves in a tricky or weak position either financially or contractually. The only way back now is to address your issues and go forward with more dignity and not just act but be a professional. Do that and you might regain some genuine respect from people who really matter, not the back-patters and hangers-on.

This is an example of how not to conduct yourself in a businessman-like manner. It is why you will now find it harder for people to trust you and your intentions.

Wow, a lot of opinion here, presented as factual. Have you dabbled at being an attorney as well?

A wanker is one who seeks self-pleasure and indulges in self-gratification. If someone was to assess this whole matter from a distance it might seem more apparent to apply it to another party altogether.

Truth. Plus many opinions.

If I knew how many projects GroovyBee was going to attempt to juggle, I would not have ordered Rocketeer. Caveat Emptor indeed. I could have used that $40 toward building my 125.

I am still interested in his Video mod. But I am not going to pre-pay, unless a third party confirms that there is a functioning design "locked in".

If I knew how many projects GroovyBee was going to attempt to juggle, I would not have ordered Rocketeer. Caveat Emptor indeed. I could have used that $40 toward building my 125.

That's a bunch of crap for someone to charge money up front for a game that isn't even finished being programmed. Why does he need the money up front?

See, now we're going back to the "other" Bovver threads' topics and getting very off-topic here. William is selling boxes here, maybe we should either shut up about other stuff OR someone can start a new thread to opine there.

Technically if your selling stuff it should be in the marketplace (and yes I know lots of people violate that policy), so it's kinda anything goes.

Hi Flipper

That's a bunch of crap for someone to charge money up front for a game that isn't even finished being programmed. Why does he need the money up front?

Originally I went under the assumption he was laying down cash for the shells and boards etc. This is probably not the case, as I doubt he would sit on that much material for so long - nor would his suppliers. Live and learn...

Some of us have pre-paid $80 ($40 for Rocketeer and $40 for Mars Mini Games).

Edited by Eric7100

Listen Kevin, sh3-rg, K-Klass, -kZa- or whatever it is you are calling yourself these days, don't try to be claiming that you are an 'outsider' when you know that you are talking for Mark in this thread. He even 'liked' your post. You claim to be an outsider but we know that isn't true. I know that you know Mark personally, so cut the crap.

• Like 2

I want a new Adult game made for intellivision: The Wanker!

Too soon? Too soon?

Looks like someone has already started production and here is the main character, WANKER ;) !

post-31049-0-76055300-1381262721.gif

( amazing what we'll stoop to try to lighten up the forums ... )

Edited by Fushek
  • Like 2

Point is, this should have all been kept private between the parties concerned. (Please, no "he started it" responses.)

Game should have been announced cancelled and when people start making inquiries the answer should be: "private reasons" or terms like that.

Lots of people whould have said "what a shame", some would have kept on crying a little longer but after that: case closed. This would have been so much to the benefit of everyone involved, including people like me who are just reading about it and think that this whole issue is becomming a smut on the whole Intellivision hobby.

I am not pointing this out as a "coulda woulda shoulda" thing but as the only positive thing about the wole matter: a lesson for the future.

This, a thousand times this. Either nothing should have been said in public, or ALL should have been said in public. This half sided argument going on just adds more fuel to the fire and makes a bad situation worse.

Games For Your Intellivision should really get a guy to do PR and stop posting himself. He will run his own business into the ground.

It's just incredible how someone representing a professional business can be post such stupid things and stoop so low in public.

Notice most of us are retaining a sense of humor here. I realize it's optional...

Notice most of us are retaining a sense of humor here. I realize it's optional...

A sense of humor can cure the ills of the world ... LOVE the new avatar pic, BTW! Super Pro Nordic, indeed!

I'm one of those and have resign to the fact that those games may never seem light of day...

Has anyone asked for their money back? Is the money still there for him purchase the boards/shells?

I honestly believe that Groovy will deliver, but it just may be on his time schedule and not ours. It's not uncommon to have homebrew delays as most retro programmers have a day job and lives. In fact, I seem to remember other developers here pushing back their publishing dates from time to time. The difference here is, obviously, that items were prepaid. Personally, I DO think that was a mistake on Groovy's part, especially since this was his first foray into the Inty. Regardless, I believe the games are coming, it's just a matter of when.