IGNORED

RETRO: The Multi-Format, Throw-Back Magazine - KICKSTARTER

Hey Everyone,

GameGavel and the RetroGamingRoundup Podcast are preparing to launch a Kickstarter to create a brand new print and digital magazine that will feature columns from some of the most notable video gaming journalists and personalities from the past three decades. The plan is to also have the digital magazine integrate with auction listings on GameGavel to help bring in more people to buy and sell. Should be a great combination. Also, talking with Play N Trade about national magazine distribution. The Kickstarter will go live very soon! Hope to have your support!

Magazine Sizzle Video: http://youtu.be/5MGmtzm6Pp4

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

We are nearing the 1/2 way mark of our RETRO Magazine Kickstarter campaign. We need everyone's support who might like to get a new print or digital gaming magazine filled with some great legendary contributors. We have just confirmed that Ed Semrad, long time Editor in Chief from EGM's heyday will essentially be coming out of retirement to contribute to RETRO!

Here is a link to our campaign page again and really appreciate all your support and backing! Thanks for your consideration!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/socalmike/retro-the-multi-format-throw-back-video-game-magaz

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

I'm in for $35 - can't wait for it to come out and thank you Mike for putting all your hard work into this!

Thanks! Even though I am the Publisher, I am just as excited as everyone else to read this magazine! We can't wait to start working on it!

Edited by Parrothead

Good video game magazines have been a big part of the fun of gaming for me since 1982, and this looks like it will be a good one.

I am backing this project at the $80 level. 1 year of no fees for selling on GameGavel is a great perk. (and there are only 6 spots at this level remaining).

Good video game magazines have been a big part of the fun of gaming for me since 1982, and this looks like it will be a good one.

I am backing this project at the $80 level. 1 year of no fees for selling on GameGavel is a great perk. (and there are only 6 spots at this level remaining).

Hey Thanks! We still need tons of support! Here is a more in-depth magazine focus:

RETRO will feature coverage of games from every era, including classic gaming systems, current and next generation consoles and upcoming independently funded projects, with an emphasis on:

• Extensive retrospectives on classic consoles and the games (and ill-fated add-ons) that made them famous.
  • RETRO reviews of classic games across countless genres.
  • Reviews of current generation products with a focus on franchise reboots, games with classic licensing tie-ins and modern games that build on 8, 16 and 32-bit gaming's core principles.
  • In-depth interviews with modern-day icons, our industry's founding fathers and up-and-coming developers of games with old-school sensibilities.
  • Roundtable discussions with some of gaming's most respected personalities, including RETRO's own panel of revered contributors.
  • Monthly "Top 10"-style features on the best games, consoles and moments in gaming history.
  • In-depth news regarding the latest reboots, industry icons getting back into the business, hot indie games and Kickstarter projects and a dash of current generation information
  • Lifestyle pieces on gaming gear, industry conventions, licensing tie-ins other entertainment mediums and other random nerdiness.
  • Columns from some of the industry's top journalists, developers and video game personalities.
  • Reader interaction and feedback via polls, reader mail, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
  • Extensive guides and game-busting cheats on those titles you still never got around to beating.